What's Everyone's Favorite Tire Choice for their Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, New here and new Tahoe owner, but looking for some advice.

Recently purchased a 2018 Tahoe Midnight Edition, which comes with some very aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires. While I will admit that they look baller, I can't stand the road noise from the insane tread. This truck may never see a dirt road in it's life, but I do live in Michigan and do drive in the snow a decent amount.... So I am debating doing new tires now or waiting on these a bit longer, maybe get used to the sound and squeeze a few more miles out of the current rubber as it is not ready to replace going by tread alone.

Curious what other Midnight owners think about the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's that they had, and what folks have used for a decent all-terrain tire that isn't noisy.

Thank you everyone for their input.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely a fan of Michelin tires, but I tend to gravitate towards Bridgestone tires in the recent years. They have great riding road tires that wear like Michelins. They also have the AT line that is common on the jeeps and used to be on the silverado trucks. Thimble tires also ride nice and wear well with good winter traction.

I'm currently running Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires. They have really good off road and snow traction. The road noise is minimal, most definitely less than what you're currently running for sure.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with my venom power tires they are similar to a BFG warranty up to 50-60k miles there have been bad reviews but I’ve had good luck with my set if I had the money I would’ve gotten nitto terragrapplers or toyo at2s

OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank u all for the input— I’m going back and forth between the KO2’s and the Michelin Defenders… realize they’re two different beasts but here we are. I have a set of Michelin Agilis crossclimate tires on my Ford transit van and like them, so at least the Michelin is trusted…. Love the look of the k02’s but am weary of too much road noise….. decisions Decisions!

What I DO know is that after it rained today and I was taking off from a red light the back end broke loose with barely getting on the gas… guess the stock tires are coming off sooner than later!

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had KO2s, and Duratracs. Others may disagree ( and they will) but I HATED the KO2s in rain and winter. The Duratracs were great in snow and pretty good in rain. Both are more noisy than a Cooper AT3 (also a great tire I have used and is on my kids Jeep) or a Toyo AT3. My friend just swapped his Duratracs off his 2021 Silverado because he hated the noise. He got the highly rated Michelin Defenders and loves them. I drove his truck home from Vermont last weekend in some bad rain and it felt very good. Stay away from the OEM Bridgstones Alenza? Bad reviews on Tirerack and on this forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had KO2s, and Duratracs. Others may disagree ( and they will) but I HATED the KO2s in rain and winter. The Duratracs were great in snow and pretty good in rain. Both are more noisy than a Cooper AT3 (also a great tire I have used and is on my kids Jeep) or a Toyo AT3. My friend just swapped his Duratracs off his 2021 Silverado because he hated the noise. He got the highly rated Michelin Defenders and loves them. I drove his truck home from Vermont last weekend in some bad rain and it felt very good. Stay away from the OEM Bridgstones Alenza? Bad reviews on Tirerack and on this forum.
Thank you for the input. I’m thinking more towards the defenders now, just wondering what size to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan