What would cause keyless entry not to work?

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by wolf1340, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Dooba

Dooba Member

Name:
    Al
    Hmmm
    I may have jumped the gun there, haha!
    No harm in looking, plus I’ve checked some corvette forums that complain about the same thing in the c7. Apparently if you put it in the little cubby in the centre console it’ll kinda relearn it and fix itself?

Worst case is a trip to the dealer, you’re under warranty and they can’t blame you for it without proving that removing the third row broke it.

2. Fless

Fless Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve

^^^^ THIS. It's an easy way to know if the issue is caused by removing the seats, and cured by reinstalling them. Quick and easy test.

3. wolf1340

wolf1340 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Louis
    Problem solved. Put seat back in to see if that was the issue. While pugging it in I could hear something hitting floor. Looked under carpet and found a wire unplugged. Looks like it goes to an antenna for the keyless stuff. Looks like a little square box. Plugged it back in and all is good. Took seat back out. I must have unplugged it while pulling on the seat plug in. It’s tied in to the same harness.

winterismyseason likes this.
  4. Sonnie kim

Sonnie kim TYF Newbie

Name:
    Sonnie
    Omg! I am so glad people post stuff like this online to search, i had the same problem as you, i have a 2017 gmc yukon slt and i removed the third row seats but didnt have any problems. But a few months later i had the same problem as you. And couldnt figure out what it was until i read this post! Hope it helps others who take out their third row seats. Its very easy to pull that cable out and not know it since its under the carpet and connected to the wire for the third row.
    Also side note i took it to the dealer who wanted to replace the door handle and the antenna and said it would cost 1000 dollars to fix. I told them no, i would rather just use the key fob, you would think they would do a better job, this is the third time i found an answer on a forum that has saved me.

Doubeleive likes this.
  5. sealandsky

sealandsky Full Access Member

Name:
    Rich
    Have you resolved the issue yet? Curious as to what caused it?