What to check on 2016 LT Tahoe I may buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
I've driven it on the freeway with the windows down four inches with no problem. My mechanic drove it and put it up on the lift and found no problems.

The only thing he said is to watch for ticking of the lifters indicating that the Active Fuel Management (AFM) Displacement on Demand (DOD) solenoids in the engine valley below the intake manifold are beginning to fail. He said that fixing it if caught early would run about $600. If not, it would cost more. He said that disabling the system in the computer would not prevent the eventual problem. If I plan to leave town for an extensive trip, I may do it or get it done proactively.

So, I am moving forward with the purchase.

Last edited:

alexalex

Reaction score
I suggest that you do your home work. Have your mechanic take a look at the one you might buy. I bought a suv off of crags list I didn't care if it was a private sale or a mechanics shop or from a dealer. As it has little bearing on the quality of said vehicle. If you don't know enough about cars stay from a salvage, it was salvaged. Obligatory check out car history through https://www.quickrevs.com.au/car-history-check

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I've driven it on the freeway with no observed problem. I'll do it again with the windows down about 4 inches.
No need to crack windows. All vehicles will buffet with one window cracked.

All windows up, 75+ on the highway. That’s the test IMO. This will identify vibration and/or buffetting

Also go 20-40 on uneven pavement and check for booming. If it has it it will sound like you are on the include of a giant drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks exactly like mine.

You will want to tint the front 2 windows ASAP plus put a dark strip on the top of the windshield. I matched the front widows to the back tint which I recall was 20%. All that IMHO.

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
The front two windows are already tinted the max legal in Texas. I'll think about the windshield. That might be useful here in South Texas.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front two windows are already tinted the max legal in Texas. I'll think about the windshield. That might be useful here in South Texas.

yup TX tint laws suck, unless you can get a medical exemption ;)

clear tint w/ a 5% brow are nice

70% seems to be easy to get away w/ on windshield.
i have seen a few w/ 50%, but that is likely to garner the wrong attention from DPS :D

hasan632

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

it is possible to get the vehicle history online through VIN#?

I bought a used Yukon Denali 2016 here in Saudi. It was used in USA until Jan-2020. Can anyone please advise me how to reach the right channel to obtain the service history of my vehicle.

I discussed with the dealer here. They said they can't help me.

Thankyou,
Regards,

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For quiet a long time I was thinking that you can get a service history only through official dealer or a police office (o_O i really dont know why). Last year i finally bought my first car after checking around 10 different options. I found this website very helpful if you want to check the vehicle by its VIN. Someone from this forum recommended it and i am very grateful for that)
Does that website handle US based vehicles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03tahoejunk