What to check on 2016 LT Tahoe I may buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobH

Reaction score
I'm looking at a white 2016 LT with the tan interior that has the NHT Max Trailering Package with GU6 3.42 Rear Axle, Integrated Brake Controller, and Z85 suspension. No sunroof, which is a plus for me. 78,000 miles.

Besides trying to make sure all the bells and whistles work, what should I check before buying it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a white 2016 LT with the tan interior that has the NHT Max Trailering Package with GU6 3.42 Rear Axle, Integrated Brake Controller, and Z85 suspension. No sunroof, which is a plus for me. 78,000 miles.

Besides trying to make sure all the bells and whistles work, what should I check before buying it?

Thank in advance for any help.
AC condenser, if it hasn’t been replaced, it will fail.

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
How can I check the condenser?

Maybe go to a dealer with the VIN and ask for a listing of service history?

What will it cost if it hasn't been fixed?

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I check the condenser?

Maybe go to a dealer with the VIN and ask for a listing of service history?

What will it cost if it hasn't been fixed?
I don't think you can "check" the condenser. It either holds coolant, or it doesn't. If the A/C works well, then the condenser is OK (for the moment).

OP
OP
RobH

RobH

Reaction score
I don't think you can "check" the condenser. It either holds coolant, or it doesn't. If the A/C works well, then the condenser is OK (for the moment).

Thank you. The AC works. I'll try to get the service records at a Chevy dealership using the VIN.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. The AC works. I'll try to get the service records at a Chevy dealership using the VIN.
Make the dealership aware that you know it can be a known problem. They may replace it BEFORE it cracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh