Max Trailering Package question about what is included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan_A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi -

I recently picked up a 2020 Tahoe LT, RST trim). I am looking through the build list to see the features, and it has the "NHT" Max Trailering Package. I am a little confused on exactly what is included in that package. How exactly does it differ from a Tahoe that does not have that? Does that automatically mean it is extra cooler features, like extra capacity radiator, trans cooler, etc, and does it mean it has 8600 lb towing capacity?

These are some of the codes related to towing in the build list that it has:
NHT - MAX TRAILERING PACKAGE: * REAR AXLE, 3.42 RATIO * TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER * SUSPENSION PACKAGE
KC4 - ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM
KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYS
JL1 - TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
UJM - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM WITH TIRE FILL ALERT (EXCL SPARE TIRE)
UKC - LANE CHANGE ALERT WITH SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
Z82 - TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
Z85 - SUSPENSION PACKAGE

So based on the above options, does it look like it might have a high capacity radiator, extra cooling features, etc? Does it look like it is fully set up for towing, or are there additional features you would recommend to be fully equipped for towing?

Thanks so much for any help!

Dan

topaq

Reaction score
Can't think of much else you would need. Maybe, if it has P rated tires consider changing to LT if you are towing something heavy or long.

42ezra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi -

I recently picked up a 2020 Tahoe LT, RST trim). I am looking through the build list to see the features, and it has the "NHT" Max Trailering Package. I am a little confused on exactly what is included in that package. How exactly does it differ from a Tahoe that does not have that? Does that automatically mean it is extra cooler features, like extra capacity radiator, trans cooler, etc, and does it mean it has 8600 lb towing capacity?

These are some of the codes related to towing in the build list that it has:
NHT - MAX TRAILERING PACKAGE: * REAR AXLE, 3.42 RATIO * TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER * SUSPENSION PACKAGE
KC4 - ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM
KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYS
JL1 - TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
UJM - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM WITH TIRE FILL ALERT (EXCL SPARE TIRE)
UKC - LANE CHANGE ALERT WITH SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
Z82 - TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
Z85 - SUSPENSION PACKAGE

So based on the above options, does it look like it might have a high capacity radiator, extra cooling features, etc? Does it look like it is fully set up for towing, or are there additional features you would recommend to be fully equipped for towing?

Thanks so much for any help!

Dan
I have a 2020 Z71 (LT) where might I find the "build list" you mention for your vehicle

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Z71 (LT) where might I find the "build list" you mention for your vehicle
Used to be able to email gm with your vin and they would send you a breakdown but inside your glovebox door are your ‘RPO’ codes…. Everything on that truck is listed there by code.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to be able to email gm with your vin and they would send you a breakdown but inside your glovebox door are your ‘RPO’ codes…. Everything on that truck is listed there by code.
You can also call a dealer with your vin and ask them to run it and email you a copy but some dealers may say no or find a vin decoder online but your specific RPO codes are right there in the glove box

42ezra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you but I did not find anything in the glove box of my 2020 Tahoe LT - dealership said look under the spare ???

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you but I did not find anything in the glove box of my 2020 Tahoe LT - dealership said look under the spare ???
I forgot they don’t list them individually anymore… it’s all in a QR code on a sticker in the door jamb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts