What size/piston for brake job 2003 Tahoe 4.8 LS ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, looking to replace my 03 Tahoe pads/rotors front and rear. Is there any VIN lookup or easy way to tell what piston/mm size for rotor? I see numerous options [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mericas_Meuth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see that it shows the acdelco compatible product options, but not the vehicle oem specs when you input vin.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, looking to replace my 03 Tahoe pads/rotors front and rear. Is there any VIN lookup or easy way to tell what piston/mm size for rotor? I see numerous options [emoji51]

I got a complete set of factory rotors for rear minus rotors. If you like them just cover shipping and are yours :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a complete set of factory rotors for rear minus rotors. If you like them just cover shipping and are yours :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
You have rotors minus rotors? [emoji2955] any 4.8 LS guys know if 1 or 2 piston more common?

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fronts should all be 2 piston

Rears I think went to 2 piston if you have the tow package. Mine are, anyway

Thanks! Called Chevy with my VIN and they stated 2 piston rears. Didn’t want to miss the brake sale so worse case even exchange.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 piston fronts are the NNBS upgrade. That's all that needs to be said about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove