What options are/are not dealbreakers for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For me these options are important:
Magnetic ride control
6.2 Engine - I am trading from an X7 M50i. I do not want to go back to the 5.3.
Adaptive cruise control - preferably supercruise
Heated AND Cooled seats (cooled especially in a black interior in the summer - I will never skimp on this again)

Not important:
Panaramic Sunroof - seems nice, but I rarely ever use and is another thing that can break or leak.
Power Running boards - I actually like the look with the fixed running boards, not to mention easier to clean.
Air ride - I have read that it doesn't really add anything to the ride itself, and its mainly for leveling while towing. I have no plans on towing. Not to mention it is another thing that can break, especially in the winter.
Wireless charging - they suck.
I have a Denali on order. Deal breakers for me include;
22” wheels. Want smaller wheels with more sidewall rubber for a better ride.
Would take 18” wheels if offered.
Don’t particularly care for the Alpine interior color. Like lighter interiors.
Would order an Ultimate if they didn’t force you into 22” wheels and Alpine.
Would rather have a white interior than Alpine.
Would order air ride suspension and eLSD if they didn’t force you into 22” wheels.

Have to haves include;
A comfortable, smooth, and quiet ride
Lots of safety and convenience features

Things that make me question my order include;
Price/value proposition.
Cylinder deactivation in the 6.2L engine and concerns over reliability/durability.
If my order takes much longer to be fulfilled, with no straight and consistent information, I’m considering moving to a non GM brand. Never thought I would say that.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have--- 3.0 Duramax, 2wd, adaptive cruise, Yukon XL

Must not have--Sunroof (too hot in Fla.)

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting anxious :confused:

I want the LZ0 diesel but the SUV's won't get it until 2024..

Last edited:

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In snow country, auto running boards for sure. Also, agree on Auto 4wd since wife drives a Quattro. Wants the computer to do it. Also, good to have on a boat ramp.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our only must haves were a heated steering wheel, 2nd row bench seat, pano roof and satin steel metallic paint. Nothing else really mattered. Was shopping for a suburban but then the yukon we ended up buying showed up with all those things so we jumped on it. This was before they were cutting options due to chip shortage and we knew that was looming so another reason we decided to "settle" for the yukon. It has worked out quite well we both love this ride.

Wasn't a deal breaker but it did come with the rear entertainment setup that neither of us wanted but whatever, we just don't use it. I think the kids have used it maybe 3 times in a year and a half

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
I tend to live with a "buy once, cry once" philosophy, so we usually buy something top end and hang on to it for a long time. We are getting ready to upgrade from a 2009 Tahoe LTZ with 210k miles that went by with minimal issues. Our family has grown to 5 kids (age 11 down to 5), so road trips in a Tahoe are horrible since there is no room for gear or luggage. Our must haves were nearly everything since we will drive this for the next 10 years or so. So we were willing to wait through the constraints of '21 and '22, and now '23 to make sure we didn't have to sacrifice. I would have sprung for the ultimate, but it isn't offered with a 2nd row bench and the interior is a hideous color IMO.

Our TPW is next week so fingers crossed, we will finally get what we've been waiting for. Our build is a 2023 Yukon Denali XL 4WD, 3.0 diesel, 2nd row bench, advanced tech package, air ride suspension, adaptive cruise, super cruise, max tow, power running boards, volcanic red with shale interior.

I would have deleted the RSE if I could have, but there is no way to get some of my options without it. I was semi-excited about RSE when it was introduced in the '21 model year, but after the infotainment got botched with built-in google, it seems like a pointless $2000 dumb screen. I also hate the location of the HDMI ports. They are destined to be kicked or stepped on if they are used. Would have made much more sense to tuck them into a recessed or covered panel. So besides those couple of rants, I'm really excited for the next few weeks to go by so we can finally take delivery.

Last edited:

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the concept of wireless charging but the trained and experienced eye and thought of basic ergonomics side says WC application sucks. There are about four pockets in the side of the console that could probably be used as a dedicated WC pad. The pad being in a way too big area with zero protection from, spills, moisture, metallic items that could short out pad, phone or both. Fortunately in two out of my three 21-23 Tahoes the WC was missing and the $50 or whatever credit was applied. Ideally you use either the in console charging port or use the power port in the WC pad and drape the phone into the console. Calls can be handled through BT and speakers or HFD.

The current 23 Premier being my third try I got some experience with different levels of constraints and missing items. First two were no Auto/Stop/Start I did enjoy not having that. The 23 has it and mainly used because the controllet button is in a more obscure locatio. I actually either drank the Kool-Aid and am starting to get used to it or I also figured if you release the service brake pedal ever so slightly the system will disable itself. I am old school and if sitting more than about a minute or two will shift into park. Drive thru, R/R Crossing, extended traffic etc. I am not going to be the one explaining that my foot slipped off the brake pedal….especially not to insurance companies…especially my own. I don’t go out of my way to disable it anymore.

Deal Breakers……. As in must haves.

Colors…..Jet Black interior and Midnight Blue, Dark Ash and Sterling Grey….in that order but only those three exterior. I call the current Dark Ash……NQB…(Not Quite Black, Yes even in TX Black Interior only. I survived about four months without the Ventilated Seats….(Z71) and the Non Enhanced Driver Alert Package,,,9NO HUD)

Almost had no Sliding Center Console, but 23 Premier had it standard apparently.

2nd Row Buckets: I got spoiled on them a few years ago and with the exception Of my 2020 JGC Classic two row All of the six SUV purchases since 2018 have had 2n drop buckets. I don’t have family so just me and the dog. I like the 2nd row buckets so I can place his travel bed on the floor and he can stretch out. Enough room to stretch, lay front-back-back/front and reach his kibble water dish. The tether to the seatbelt and his torso harness ensures not enough movement to get totally slammed forward in accident. The layout and spacing allows me to reach behind and check him and refill water.

HUD again part of the DAP-E but got spoiled on my recent road trip.

3.0 DM Diesel.

Less than 20” wheels. Fortunately Z71 and Premier have them standard.

Moonroof: Although not used everyday I joke with people about it….Ladies and Gentlemen there are five emergency exits on this vehicle. Six if your having a moderately bad day…(Liftgate) and if a really bad day Seven,….(Cutting steering column and snake out through what’s left of the windshield. Chances are you most likely not remember #7.

I guess eight now….(Hurst Tool/Jaws of Life and peeling back the A and possibly B pillar.

I would say A/C, Cruise PW/PL and decent stereo system but these days any vehicle without those is almost impossible to find.

Maybe items that could be sacrificed if price was right.

HUD yes it is in both categories.

That’s about it. The 21-22 E/S/T/Y for the most part has most of these items that are at least available in all trim levels.

They don’t have it on 21-23 models but the fold down in cabin mirror. Used for observing rear cabin without having to take eyes off the forward view. I personally call it the ”Scout Cam” but was designed for in cabin monitoring…Children, items etc….

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting anxious :confused:

I want the LZ0 diesel but the SUV's won't get it until 2024..
Why would you wait? You’ll be waiting even longer in 24 And there is absolutely nothing materially far superior on the LZO. Nothing….

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you wait? You’ll be waiting even longer in 24 And there is absolutely nothing materially far superior on the LZO. Nothing….
im waiting until Chevy decides to install the LZ0 in their SUV’s. i don’t need nor want another pickup parked outside :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879