What options are/are not dealbreakers for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me these options are important:
Magnetic ride control
6.2 Engine - I am trading from an X7 M50i. I do not want to go back to the 5.3.
Adaptive cruise control - preferably supercruise
Heated AND Cooled seats (cooled especially in a black interior in the summer - I will never skimp on this again)

Not important:
Panaramic Sunroof - seems nice, but I rarely ever use and is another thing that can break or leak.
Power Running boards - I actually like the look with the fixed running boards, not to mention easier to clean.
Air ride - I have read that it doesn't really add anything to the ride itself, and its mainly for leveling while towing. I have no plans on towing. Not to mention it is another thing that can break, especially in the winter.
Wireless charging - they suck.

slickbrave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with you on wireless charging, as long as I have wireless Car Play. There are many vehicles out there with Bluetooth but not wireless Car Play/Android Auto. I don't want to have to plug in.

The air ride is helpful for people with disabilities or elderly relatives to get in and out. There used to be a problem with extra accessories breaking, but I think the manufacturers do a much better job with that than they used to. My wife and I keep vehicles a long time and all their bells and whistles still work.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only option I ordered on our LS was Max Trailering, I wanted the integrated brake controller, since I tow quite a bit. But I could have got by without it. Fortunately they didn't have any trouble delivering a Tahoe with it last summer.

All the other stuff, I can do without. Paying cash instead of monthly payments, means that options all cost full price up front, not just another few bucks a month. Out the door it still cost 58k, which is an incredible amount of money to a cheapskate like me!

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Got to have 4x4, got to have the transfer case with an "Auto" option (wife's ride and the kiddos are with her lots - don't want to have her having to worry about transfer case settings when the weather gets ugly). The safety package with blind spot monitoring and rear traffic alert was a necessity for something so large.

Everything else I "had to have" is now standard on these beasts (like running boards and rear climate control.) Our tastes are simple and thankfully that keeps the payments low.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards getting a standard Tahoe Z71 with only the Z71 Off-Rd Pkg, although I'm promised a 4wd Suburban HC (HC Deluxe Pkg & Adaptive Cruise Control) when it arrives. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, the only colors I want are Sterling Grey, Silver Sage or Empire Beige and Black/Mocha or Gideon/Dark-Atmosphere interiors.

I live somewhat in the boonies off several miles of rocky dirt/mud and washboard gravel roads, so I want to try out Air Ride since I already have mag-ride on my '21 Silverado.

I'm prolly going to order a new SUV soon as the LZ0 diesel motor becomes available in them, so whichever SUV I get this January is a stop-gap and why I prefer the less expensive, lesser optioned Yukon z71.. but meh, tomorrow is another day LOL !@!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards getting a standard Tahoe Z71 with only the Z71 Off-Rd Pkg, although I'm promised a 4wd Suburban HC (HC Deluxe Pkg & Adaptive Cruise Control) when it arrives. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, the only colors I want are Sterling Grey, Silver Sage or Empire Beige and Black/Mocha or Gideon/Dark-Atmosphere interiors.

I live somewhat in the boonies off several miles of rocky dirt/mud and washboard gravel roads, so I want to try out Air Ride since I already have mag-ride on my '21 Silverado.

I'm prolly going to order a new SUV soon as the LZ0 diesel motor becomes available in them, so whichever SUV I get this January is a stop-gap and why I prefer the less expensive, lesser optioned Yukon z71.. but meh, tomorrow is another day LOL !@!
If I may ask, why do you require air ride? Is it for towing reasons?

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I may ask, why do you require air ride? Is it for towing reasons?
Sure, I will never tow with the SUV, I have 2 pickups, I have medical issues and want the most comfortable ride. I'm familiar with Air Ride and adaptive suspension in the Mercedes and air ride suspension is not new to the Cadillac brand, owners claim it's smoother ride.

I live miles out bumpy roads, so I want to see if Air Ride on the GM SUV's makes a difference.. and I should be able to tell, as my Silverado HC with mag ride is noticeably different than similar pickups without.

I would buy the GLS Mercedes (standard air ride + adaptive suspension) if its drivers cockpit was more spacious and its seat less sport-like and tight.. heck, the GLS comes with 5 years bumper to bumper, cost the same as the Denali Ultra and has higher resale value.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GoNoGo Where do you get 5 year on the GLS, around here it’s 4/80KM

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was getting all excited, as 100K powertain warranty is something that’s on my list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove