What is this opening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to add a DIC switch to thecopcar, so was researching how to remove the dash trim. I saw this brief view of an opening in the center of the dash behind the trim. Does anyone know what purpose it serves? I'm guessing it's not for an old school dash clock.

Tahoe dash no trim.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to add a DIC switch to thecopcar, so was researching how to remove the dash trim. I saw this brief view of an opening in the center of the dash behind the trim. Does anyone know what purpose it serves? I'm guessing it's not for an old school dash clock.

View attachment 267114
that hole is so you can access and service replace or remove the airbag, there are 2 bolts inside under the dash and 2 more over on the right side of the airbag

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly, but maybe to access the airbag or a connector or a HVAC actuator?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That’s plausible. I’m planning to pull the trim this weekend, and will at least see what’s there. I’ve not seen anything in that location buried in the trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout