What is this connector ? 2004 Yukon XL 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify this 90 Degree connector found on my 2004 Yukon XL 2500 wiring harness?
There are two of them with another two pin connector next to each of them.
One clearly set has a heat shield around it.
Thank you.

IMG_0952.jpg IMG_0954.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joe S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where exactly was the plug located? Under the hood? Next to...?
Non insulated connector was a foot or two out of the main fuse box near driver side firewall. The longer heat insulated section presumably around heat generating source on other side of engine perhaps. I have zero recollection on what they plugged into but clearly there is one (?) on each side of engine.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Non insulated connector was a foot or two out of the main fuse box near driver side firewall. The longer heat insulated section presumably around heat generating source on other side of engine perhaps. I have zero recollection on what they plugged into but clearly there is one (?) on each side of engine.
I've never seen those round connectors before--doesn't mean they're not for anything. Closest I've seen are knock sensor plugs--but def not those.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've never seen those round connectors before--doesn't mean they're not for anything. Closest I've seen are knock sensor plugs--but def not those.

Yea, I looked too and thought the same till I remembered my new harness that was just installed for my new knock sensors and it looked nothing like that and neither did any O2 sensor harness pics I saw.

Can you see ANY numbers on the connectors that you can share?

OP
OP
J

Joe S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I looked too and thought the same till I remembered my new harness that was just installed for my new knock sensors and it looked nothing like that and neither did any O2 sensor harness pics I saw.

Can you see ANY numbers on the connectors that you can share?

"PED 28" molded on the more conventional silicone ringed connector and nothing on the weird 90 deg connector, it locks on and off whatever by rotating the grey ring on it.
It's going to embarrass the hell out of me when I find out what element it plugs in to!
My next approach is to find the colors of the wires and try to trace it back to the fuse box or most likely some computer box, the wires are not twisted about themselves on the 90 deg connector like they are for the more conventional connector. One wire is Blue/white stripe other is grey.
I don't even know if its engine related or not !

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Inside the grey connector with the lock ring, what does it look like in there? Is it a flat spade plug in or round or whatever?

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Might go to the connection at the top of the front shock for auto ride / manga ride

OP
OP
J

Joe S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Inside the grey connector with the lock ring, what does it look like in there? Is it a flat spade plug in or round or whatever?
OK GOT IT !!!!
Z55 suspension option ! this 90 deg clip locks on top of the Shock absorber top studs and must receive some kind of pressure signal and send it to some body control module.
Top of shock stud for the most part looks like any other shock stud , it sure does not look like any electrical connector should go on it.(On close inspection, it is hollow with an electrical pin in it)
I don't feel as stupid as I thought I was if this dang thing turned out to engine related. HA !

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

Over and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcuevas9026