What is the size demionsions of a under seat amp rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
what is the max size of wood to put under the middle seat for a amp rack can someone give me there deminsions, i just sold my truck to get a tahoe which will be soon but i wanna go ahead and get the amp rack ready, painted and stuff, my amps will be a 27 inch long, 9.5 inch wide kicker zx2500.1 and a 23 inch long, 9.5 inch wide kicker zx850.4 and ill need alittle room in the middle for the wires which i want to hide under with holes to come up through, can someone help please also how do you bolt the wood down do you just set it on the frame with screws thanks

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the deomensions, but i just mounted the amp with two pieces of mdf on each side of the amp and screwed into the floor. I screwed the first bottom piece into floor and the top to bottom. Just be careful on the driver side since the gas tank is there, and not to sure how close the tank is to the floor board.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easiest thing to do, is get a piece of cardboard. Then trim it down to the size you want. It's good to have all the components you plan on using in order to lay them out and make sure you have room. Don't forget to count for the rise as well, depending on the thickness of your rack.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
well i dont have a tahoe yet i was just wondering what is the max you can fit like this
488731.html

scroll down and look

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/488731.html

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

well ill need at least 53 inches long and 10 inches wide to fit both amps I dont mind alittle over hang do you think it would fit

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
i know the rear cargo area measures 49 wide thats the widest box you can fit but i believe the plastic side panels in the back come in a lil bit so i think 53 would be a tight fit but maybe could work.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
well it will be under the middle seat which should be wider then the cargo area cause it doesnt have the plastic panels

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
thats what i was saying im just not sure exactly how much wider it would be under the seat