What gas brand is the best for fill ups does it have it have to be tier 1 rated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a few different one brands but not sure what to stick too the manuel states it has to be tier 1 rated. My bj sells premium gas for $2.44 a gallon but bjs is not in tier 1 rated gas stations . And other gas station around me are at $3.00 a gallon that are tier rated gas station. What do you use brand noticed and give better milage. Anyone used bjs gas is it good

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around here most gas stations all get there gas from the same place, the stations are just a franchise and pay for the "brand name" but sell the same gas as the independent down the street.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a "tier"??? How would I know what "tier" any gas station IS?!?!? Hard to find "name-brand" gas stations anymore!!!
FYI: Have a 2005 XL and the Dealer suggested to start using mid-grade for the sake of the fuel system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a "tier"??? How would I know what "tier" any gas station IS?!?!? Hard to find "name-brand" gas stations anymore!!!
FYI: Have a 2005 XL and the Dealer suggested to start using mid-grade for the sake of the fuel system. Luv the old body style (glass & steel)/hate the hearse like 2006+ (plastic).

Here is the tier gasoline list it has more detergent than Recomend to keep clean fuel system

https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man...who would know: Filler' up" would be so complicated. Next I'll read "For $99 we'll put fresh air in your tires...old air voids the warranty"! lol Lol LOL

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a few different one brands but not sure what to stick too the manuel states it has to be tier 1 rated. My bj sells premium gas for $2.44 a gallon but bjs is not in tier 1 rated gas stations . And other gas station around me are at $3.00 a gallon that are tier rated gas station. What do you use brand noticed and give better milage. Anyone used bjs gas is it good

Chevron and then Mobil will give you the best performance and gas mileage. Jorge, download the GasBuddy app on your phone and then you can look around and see who has the best prices.

I make it a habit to run high octane top tier fuel in my truck when running gasoline and around where I live, Mobil is the most convenient and delivers similar performance to Chevron.

But since last fall the motor has been on a steady diet of Ethanol and loving every gallon of it and so is my wallet! Running E30 costs me thirteen cents a mile right now.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use @NathanJax favorite Quiktrip cuz he loves to be called QT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518