What fluids are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I'm about to swap out all my drivetrain fluids and want to know what others have had success with. Here's what I'm thinking:

Front diff: Lucas 80W-90
Rear diff: Lucas 75W-90
T-case: ACDelco Dex VI
ATF: ACDelco Dex VI

Look good? Not looking forward to that ATF swap because of that exhaust. What fluids is everyone else running?

OP
OP
MichaelSE

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 for oil, I didn't realize that they made Dex VI also. I'll definitely look into that for the trans and t-case.

OP
OP
MichaelSE

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
The tranny fluid isn't fully synthetic.....it's a synthetic blend.

Does this mean it can't be mixed with the synthetic ACDelco Dex VI that's in my transmission now? I plan to do a drain and fill, not a full flush.

benski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problems with a little bit of conventional ATF left in your tranny. Of course, the ratio of synthetic to conventional will determine the operating parameters of the ATF that is actually running around in your tranny.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this mean it can't be mixed with the synthetic ACDelco Dex VI that's in my transmission now? I plan to do a drain and fill, not a full flush.
I'm almost positive ACDELCO doesn't make a full synthetic Dextron VI ATF fluid. I'm pretty sure it's a blend as well. I've been doing drain and fills with Mobil Dextron VI over the past couple of years and no issues at all mixing them.

OP
OP
MichaelSE

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I'm almost positive ACDELCO doesn't make a full synthetic Dextron VI ATF fluid. I'm pretty sure it's a blend as well. I've been doing drain and fills with Mobil Dextron VI over the past couple of years and no issues at all mixing them.

Here's what I was looking at - someone on Amazon asked whether it was synthetic and someone quoted the back of the bottle as "full synthetic."

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx2UTT3LK0HNJ4T/-/ref=ask_dp_lsw_al_hza?asin=B01EKMGG92

Still not sure though since I have found a few references on forums that say it is a blend. I may call up ACDelco just to find out from the source.

HUMBL57

AC Guru
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dex VI is Dex VI... Full synthetic or not, you're not going to hurt anything as long as it's clean fluid and filled to the proper level

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts