What Exhaust System Are You Running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically its a waste of money for lets say an aftermarket $500 Gibson exhaust?
Do you by chance have a link for the muffler?
Also if I want to add whatever tip what inlet size would I need?
Thanks a lot for the help!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So basically its a waste of money for lets say an aftermarket $500 Gibson exhaust?
Do you by chance have a link for the muffler?
Also if I want to add whatever tip what inlet size would I need?
Thanks a lot for the help!

take a pic of the muffler on the truck because there are different set ups then i can dial in the right muffler for you.

Are you going to be doing heads/cam or headers?

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pm sent so I don't clog up the thread. :cheers:

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
So I got my MBRP today and started removing the old exhaust system. The bolts were in pretty bad shape on the flange and of course I just twisted them off. Any thoughts on how to get the broken pieces out so I can replace with new ones?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torch, drill, easy out.
That no work, drill out completely and retap. That no work, drill out oem nut to Use bigger bolt or bolt, flat, lock washer, nut.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
I'll give that a try. It seems like the back of bolts are flat. I didn't know if the bolts were made onto the flange or if they were just slid thru the back and wedged on. I was trying to punch them out, but they weren't budging. They broke off close to the flange so not sure how successful I will be at tapping them out. Might just have to drill strait thru and use a new nut and bolt. Any other ideas?

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a pic of the muffler on the truck because there are different set ups then i can dial in the right muffler for you.

Are you going to be doing heads/cam or headers?

Wow, from looking at cut out photos of these mufflers, you'd think there would be a lot to gain. My suburban has a 24" body, single in, dual out, but the dual tailpipes just Y into a single tail pipe. Never seen one like that. I was looking at a single in/single out 30" magnaflow muffler, with a 6" magnaflow race muffler as a resonator right before the tailpipe. Giving it that modern tahoe look with the resonator right out back. So would this be a waste? I have upgraded heads and longtube headers with cats. Just want to make sure it's a nice free flowing exhaust that'll have a deeper tone, but not looking for it to be any louder. It is the family hauler after all.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, from looking at cut out photos of these mufflers, you'd think there would be a lot to gain. My suburban has a 24" body, single in, dual out, but the dual tailpipes just Y into a single tail pipe. Never seen one like that. I was looking at a single in/single out 30" magnaflow muffler, with a 6" magnaflow race muffler as a resonator right before the tailpipe. Giving it that modern tahoe look with the resonator right out back. So would this be a waste? I have upgraded heads and longtube headers with cats. Just want to make sure it's a nice free flowing exhaust that'll have a deeper tone, but not looking for it to be any louder. It is the family hauler after all.

done this one before. You can do the 5x11x22 magnaflow dual 3 inch in/single 3 inch out and then run pipe to back of truck. due to the muffler being so big it cuts the sound down a lot. Another option would be a 5x8x24 (30) center in/out muffler. If you want to use a resonator you can do it but honestly I would try the muffler first before throwing the resonator at it.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. I leave for a road trip in two weeks, so I'll probably wait until I get back to play with the muffler. Do you think it'd make much difference performance/mileage wise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exceltheink