What else should I replace on my lifted Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil_Stump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a hot minute since I've been on the forum, but I'm back now. Decided that now that my Tahoe is nearing 140k miles, and I'm having to replace stuff left and right because it's about time for everything to fail I guess. Therefore I'm taking my upcoming break from school for Christmas to fix everything I possibly can. I already know that I'll be doing new upper and lower control arms (probably forged uppers to help with nicer angles on my 7.5" RCX lift that I'm still on the fence about) and a Spohn adjustable panhard bar in the rear to account for the now off rear-axle alignment. After this though I'm not really sure what else I need to be looking at replacing a I've never gone through this before with a vehicle. Should I look at changing anything with the axles, front or rear? Maybe new sway bars and end-links? I'm just not really sure, and although everything is fine now, I know I'll be changing it eventually as the mileage increases every day, so I figure may as well get it all done at once. All input is appreciated, and if there are any other non suspension or drive train parts I need to consider replacing please let me know, I want to replace as much as I can now so it won't break on me down the road.

scottbrew92

Reaction score
I added the Spohn adjustable pan hard bar because my stock was so far out of line with the 7.5” lift. Other than your axle being off center I can’t see any benefits from it.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The boot on my right axle tore at probably 125k miles or so. I kept putting off replacing it until the axle finally started to go bad at about 145k. If you hear a clicking or popping when you turn your wheels you might need a new axle. I ordered one on amazon and found a shop that installed it for 75 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE