What do you guys think of this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
http://slo.craigslist.org/ctd/3008255521.html

It's for sale in my town, and I'm very curious. I'm tempted, because I've been looking for a pickup and because it's a low price, but the price really worries me, as well. I've just sent the guy an email with a ton of questions. What do you guys think? I'm trying to think of why it's so cheap. It doesn't say that there's anything wrong with it, but there absolutely could be, or maybe it's a salvage title. I'll keep you guys posted when he emails me back.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems too cheap and it has to be a dog with a V6 and a lift.

Nice looking truck though.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of sounds like a scam. I was in the market for the longest time looking at Chevy/GMC 2000-2003 1500s 4x4 extended cabs, I'm not sure they made a Z71 V6 model. He'll probably reply with "I'm stationed over in Iraq, but I will make all shipping arrangements for you if you just send me a check".

Edit: Upon googling, it appears Z71 was only avail in the 4.8L or 5.3L V8s, if this guy think he has a V6 in there I would steer clear of it. He also says to call him but doesn't leave a phone #....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
How about you realize it may just be a typo. and perhaps more then one since it is actually an extended cab. He has v-6 and v-8 listed. And he might have forgotten to add phone number. How about waiting for more info before concluding it is a scam.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-$3,800 for a 2000 Z71 with 82K?
-V-6 in the add, but the title say's it's a v-8?
-He say's call anytime but does not list phone number?
-States it's a regular cab but has pictures of a extended cab short box?
-Ad's typed in all cap's
-Z71 packaged trucks NEVER came with the 4.3

That's a scam for sure. I'd steer far away from that thing. Even if its all typo's, why buy a truck from a guy who can't even put together a half way decent craigslist ad?

Last edited:

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake.

You probably know where I stand on this ad....

OP
OP
LittlePearl13

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
Yeah, I'm definitely feeling the ad's fake. OR that the guy is just an idiot. So many people on my craigslist (slo) are idiots and can't type up an ad. He actually posted it three separate times, and the other two say v8, and are much more concise and seemingly accurate. I'll post those up in a sec. But this guy is local, I've seen that house before, and I could've sworn I've seen the truck, but I could be wrong. Pretty sure it's not an uncommon color for a very popular truck, haha. i don't know, I'm feeling fake, but I never seal a deal without going to see the item and testing it. So we'llsee how it goes.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Here's the other two ads for it.

http://slo.craigslist.org/ctd/3003107677.html

http://slo.craigslist.org/ctd/3023472869.html

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Speaking of Silverados, how's your new HD treating you, purple? Any regrets getting rid of the tahoe?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Hey it might not be a scam.

But, it probably is. The price is way too low, its been posted since may 8th (a truck that cheap would be sold within a few hours), stupid typos, etc.

All I have to say for that body style truck is make sure to get a V8, the 4.3 V6 is slowww.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a scam.. i was also been looking for vehicles on craigs and i can spot one a mile away.

no phone # and when the price is low enough to be too good to be true... SCAM.

ext cab z71 dont come with a v 6 and the ad says "Great small truck at a great price" ... Z71 with a lift is not small at all.

nice truck though. but the tail lights are not from that year model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts