What do you guys think of my "interior design"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did some diy bed liner to a 94 suburban a while back. was nice when it got dirty i could just hose it out.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I gotta say, it looks less like a design and more like a "rip it out" kind of thing. Did you just do that because of the annoying noise you had at the rear and you wanted to see if tearing all that out would allow you to pinpoint the source easier? Why did you tear it all out? For hauling?

Doesn't say where you are located but if you are planning on hauling illegals or drugs across the border, you need some more black out and camouflage.

Just sayin'. :chewie:

OP
OP
1997TahoeFix

1997TahoeFix

Reaction score
I gotta say, it looks less like a design and more like a "rip it out" kind of thing. Did you just do that because of the annoying noise you had at the rear and you wanted to see if tearing all that out would allow you to pinpoint the source easier? Why did you tear it all out? For hauling?

Doesn't say where you are located but if you are planning on hauling illegals or drugs across the border, you need some more black out and camouflage.

Just sayin'. :chewie:

No, I did not remove the carpet in a wildly misguided attempt to fix the rear suspension - nor am I a Mexican drug trafficker. But close.

I'm using it as a hauler, just trying to maximize storage space. But also, I paid almost nothing for this vehicle because it was left outside for many years and developed a leak in the back hatch. It was super wet, rusted, and moldy. But the major components are fine. Here's the moldy carpet. It had to go:

IMG_20200727_173830.jpg

MVIMG_20200727_173844.jpg

IMG_20200727_173834.jpg

If I ever sell it, I will need to replace the carpet and reinstall the seats. They were so rusty, they wouldn't fold down no matter what I tried. All of my repairs have been simple, rust-related. Suspension, brakes, rusted fittings. Some general vibration and squeakiness. But the engine and transmission are fine. It's a great work truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts