What do you guys do? Mods or pay it off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw that!!! I'd rather be kicked in the nuts with spiked shoes than pay a $959/month payment :lol:

toycloser01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kicked in the nuts is probably how it's gonna feel when writing those checks but driving a ZL1 makes my nuts feel like granite. ;-)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol...whatever gets ya off

Banshee8732

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mod it! I like to mod my vehicles and keep the OEM parts for when I trade in. I like the process of modding. It's not just having the finished product. I like selecting and comparing parts and planning out a project. Modding and detailing my truck are hobbies to me. As long as you're not stressing over money- have some fun :)

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To each his own but for me mods are a necessity, there's no way I can drive anything that's not modded and look like everybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cav01c14

Reaction score
As much as I would like to spend money on mods I think the payment will come first. I may however set aside 800$ for the autocal and a intake. Just something to make the truck more drivable and enjoyable. Might as well have fun while you pay off a nice new truck.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
As much as I would like to spend money on mods I think the payment will come first. I may however set aside 800$ for the autocal and a intake. Just something to make the truck more drivable and enjoyable. Might as well have fun while you pay off a nice new truck.

I may be able to give you some in-sight on things, I did things the hardest way, but it always enabled me to have modded out rides. I am 21 and since I've been 18 I've had a bmw 528i, a charger with over 6k in mods, a tahoe with over 5k in mods, a camaro with I'd say about 3k in mods, and yukon denali that I'm about up to 2k in mods so far, had it less than a year. It all started with my first car, got a steal of a deal, got a loan with low payments (I've been lucky to have a credit score upwards of 750 since I was 18) modded it out, then before the miles got to high stripped everything I could off of it and sold it privately for as much as I could ethically get from a buyer. Then I just rinsed and repeated for every car. I've never had a car payment over 270, never have put a down payment, never have been upside down on a car, and always have sold a car for what I paid for it if not more. Mod your truck out, just make it things that you can resell. Before you sell the truck, strip it, return it to near stock, leave things like hids and tint (trivial expenses) and take all the expensive stuff.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear the "calls" to pay it off early... Which I don't think are a wrong or right choice...

The rate is high. However, he financed $6K.. 7% on $6K is a very small amount of interest........ Paying it off early is going to save him about $300-$400 total.....

So paying it off early isn't saving him a fortune. His credit report is better off with the loan for 48 months than it is for 24.. Apparently it needs the account to beef it up anyway...

So mod or not, paying it off early isn't saving him enough to have a steak dinner and a bottle of wine with his girl at Ruth's Chris steakhouse...

If you really want to have a piece of mind, save money for the repairs. At 150k on the clock, they're coming.....

Just my $.02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny