What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile but since I always got a lot of motivation and ideas from you guys builds I wanted to share an update on my 2000 Z71 OBS Tahoe. Bought it with 111k actual miles for $2200, it has 116K now. I replaced all 7 brake lines with NiCopp lines, new brakes, drums rotors. New glass spyder headlights, SNGL Leds, and clear markers. Did the 4-Hi headlight mod using relays and 10GA straight off the battery. Did the Big 3 updgrade with SGX 0 gauge copper cable. Added another battery tray, PAC 200A Batt Isolater for Dual Batteries, ran 0 guage all the way to the back to an Anderson Style Quick-disconnect for the car trailer winch to connect to. Full interior LEDS, new Joying Audio Head Unit, upgraded rear coaxials in back. Did the Escalade luggage rack swap. Heated Tow Mirrors. Just put on the new Method 304 Double Standard Machined wheels with General Grabber AT/X LT275/70R17 tires. Installed Maxx Cam 2 torsion bar keys, Tuff Country Leveling Kit, Rough Country UCAs, Bilstein 5100s, new bump and jounce stops, cut off the droop stops. Upcoming projects for new year - I have a Lincoln Mark VIII monster oem elec fan, trans cooler, I have the really loud four note old Cadillac horns to install. Hellwig rear sway baar. Tint the wondows (darker). Rough Country front steering stabilizer. Re-install the front brushguard and get it and the sidesteps powdercoated.

I have a brand new Z71 front bumper, just havent gotten it painted or installed yet. Im very happy with its progress, what do you guys think?View attachment 261420 View attachment 261427 View attachment 261420 View attachment 261427 View attachment 261431
I think it looks great. Why not just repaint your original front bumper? Post up some interior pics.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile but since I always got a lot of motivation and ideas from you guys builds I wanted to share an update on my 2000 Z71 OBS Tahoe. Bought it with 111k actual miles for $2200, it has 116K now. I replaced all 7 brake lines with NiCopp lines, new brakes, drums rotors. New glass spyder headlights, SNGL Leds, and clear markers. Did the 4-Hi headlight mod using relays and 10GA straight off the battery. Did the Big 3 updgrade with SGX 0 gauge copper cable. Added another battery tray, PAC 200A Batt Isolater for Dual Batteries, ran 0 guage all the way to the back to an Anderson Style Quick-disconnect for the car trailer winch to connect to. Full interior LEDS, new Joying Audio Head Unit, upgraded rear coaxials in back. Did the Escalade luggage rack swap. Heated Tow Mirrors. Just put on the new Method 304 Double Standard Machined wheels with General Grabber AT/X LT275/70R17 tires. Installed Maxx Cam 2 torsion bar keys, Tuff Country Leveling Kit, Rough Country UCAs, Bilstein 5100s, new bump and jounce stops, cut off the droop stops. Upcoming projects for new year - I have a Lincoln Mark VIII monster oem elec fan, trans cooler, I have the really loud four note old Cadillac horns to install. Hellwig rear sway baar. Tint the wondows (darker). Rough Country front steering stabilizer. Re-install the front brushguard and get it and the sidesteps powdercoated.

I have a brand new Z71 front bumper, just havent gotten it painted or installed yet. Im very happy with its progress, what do you guys think?View attachment 261420 View attachment 261427 View attachment 261420 View attachment 261427 View attachment 261431
Looks great man! Wow! Hellova lot you put into it in a pretty short time (mileage at least!) I agree with Tony. Why not just repaint the front bumper? Anyway, looks great and sounds like a solid ride. [emoji106][emoji631]

JohhnyTsunamii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot. I installed my Rough Country Steering Stabilizer - it was a pretty easy install. Havent tried it yet because Im going to be bringing it in for an alignment on Friday morning. I had an eccentric/bolt that was rusted and the hole in the eccentric was beaten out so I ordered a set of new Delco ones, they seem really nice, bigger bolt head, bigger nut and comes with a lockwasher my originals didnt have. I ordered a second set last week just so they are all new. Forgot to add in my earlier post that id had issues with the A/C, ended needing a new A/C Compressor. Dont waste your time with junkyard ones, I tried 3 or 4 and all were junk. Just sprang for a new one as well as a new receiver/drier. Another thing I had done was install the New Rockies kit to get rid of the Passlock issues. I was a bit hesitant at first as it was kind of pricy, and it was kind of a PITA to put in - but wow, it works, never had a "security system disabled" issue since. Also at that time I wired in a Tekonsha P3 electric trailer brake controller. Did oil change and changed front diff fluid yesterday as well. Got a rear back up camera on the way. I also have a 1995 Integra that I hope to do some drag racing with so the Hoe is going to be the tow/support vehicle. I opted for a new front bumper because im in MN and the rust was way too bad to even bother with on this one. Couple of the doors have rust cancer too, but the good news is the junkyards up here are always filled with OBS tahoes - bad news is driver side and cargo doors that are rust free go in a heartbeat. I did manage to scoop 4 nice doors up and have a guy who is going to paint thhem this winter for me hopefully fairly reasonably. Longer term would like to put new carpet in it, a MechMan or similar heavy duty alternator, and some nice seat covers. I also picked up a 411 PCM from the junkyard awhile back and probably do that swap next year. I also have a big - what I believe to be - oem, or at least maybe a dealer installed option long overhead console with flip down dvd player. Pulled it out of the junkyard and never seen it before. Ill post a pic of it on my next post, I doubt ill go to the work of putting that in so if anyone is interested ill prob sell it pretty cheap.

20201107_140603[1].jpg 20201107_140641[2].jpg 20201107_140740[1].jpg 20201107_140755[1].jpg 20201107_140933[1].jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot. I installed my Rough Country Steering Stabilizer - it was a pretty easy install. Havent tried it yet because Im going to be bringing it in for an alignment on Friday morning. I had an eccentric/bolt that was rusted and the hole in the eccentric was beaten out so I ordered a set of new Delco ones, they seem really nice, bigger bolt head, bigger nut and comes with a lockwasher my originals didnt have. I ordered a second set last week just so they are all new. Forgot to add in my earlier post that id had issues with the A/C, ended needing a new A/C Compressor. Dont waste your time with junkyard ones, I tried 3 or 4 and all were junk. Just sprang for a new one as well as a new receiver/drier. Another thing I had done was install the New Rockies kit to get rid of the Passlock issues. I was a bit hesitant at first as it was kind of pricy, and it was kind of a PITA to put in - but wow, it works, never had a "security system disabled" issue since. Also at that time I wired in a Tekonsha P3 electric trailer brake controller. Did oil change and changed front diff fluid yesterday as well. Got a rear back up camera on the way. I also have a 1995 Integra that I hope to do some drag racing with so the Hoe is going to be the tow/support vehicle. I opted for a new front bumper because im in MN and the rust was way too bad to even bother with on this one. Couple of the doors have rust cancer too, but the good news is the junkyards up here are always filled with OBS tahoes - bad news is driver side and cargo doors that are rust free go in a heartbeat. I did manage to scoop 4 nice doors up and have a guy who is going to paint thhem this winter for me hopefully fairly reasonably. Longer term would like to put new carpet in it, a MechMan or similar heavy duty alternator, and some nice seat covers. I also picked up a 411 PCM from the junkyard awhile back and probably do that swap next year. I also have a big - what I believe to be - oem, or at least maybe a dealer installed option long overhead console with flip down dvd player. Pulled it out of the junkyard and never seen it before. Ill post a pic of it on my next post, I doubt ill go to the work of putting that in so if anyone is interested ill prob sell it pretty cheap.

View attachment 261967 View attachment 261968 View attachment 261970 View attachment 261971 View attachment 261972
That a double din you have in there?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts