What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Not much has been going on with FrankenBetty. Oh except for when we got back from hunt camp and I went to move her so we could unload the camper, the driver door binded up ******* the front fender and crunched the fender seam. That sucked. Tim had to bust out the sawzall and get the door unbound. We are on the hunt for another left front fender. I'm not driving her as my daily anymore and I miss her. Tim changed out the idler pulley and belt tensioner, it's crazy how quiet it is now. Added a steering stabilizer and it needs another alignment. But she's cruising along. Transmission rebuild at some point. Found these, gonna install so that pretty dash stays pretty.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/894099...ools&utm_campaign=Share&variation0=1641350490

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not much has been going on with FrankenBetty. Oh except for when we got back from hunt camp and I went to move her so we could unload the camper, the driver door binded up ******* the front fender and crunched the fender seam. That sucked. Tim had to bust out the sawzall and get the door unbound. We are on the hunt for another left front fender. I'm not driving her as my daily anymore and I miss her. Tim changed out the idler pulley and belt tensioner, it's crazy how quiet it is now. Added a steering stabilizer and it needs another alignment. But she's cruising along. Transmission rebuild at some point. Found these, gonna install so that pretty dash stays pretty.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/894099...ools&utm_campaign=Share&variation0=1641350490
How'd the fender/door issue happen? Strange.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
How'd the fender/door issue happen? Strange.
The door would sometimes bind on the fender when we replaced them, usually when the damn door pins started working their way back out. Tim was going to pound them back in and then we went out of town. I jumped in without thinking anything of the pop I heard when I opened the door. Went to get back out and it wouldn't open much. I might have put too much pizazz on that second push and it just caved in the fender edge. Lots of cuss words.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The door would sometimes bind on the fender when we replaced them, usually when the damn door pins started working their way back out. Tim was going to pound them back in and then we went out of town. I jumped in without thinking anything of the pop I heard when I opened the door. Went to get back out and it wouldn't open much. I might have put too much pizazz on that second push and it just caved in the fender edge. Lots of cuss words.
I bet! I'b be super pissed. I thought you guys had swapped out the hinges once before.
How's your boy's bad ass LS swap doing? We need some updates on it :D

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I bet! I'b be super pissed. I thought you guys had swapped out the hinges once before.
How's your boy's bad ass LS swap doing? We need some updates on it :D
We swapped the driver's door and the front fenders. The sag in the door didn't go away, we were going to do the spot weld on the pins to keep them from walking back out and just lost that project in the shuffle of the year. So now I need another left fender.

The boy somehow managed to get everything going right on the LS square body and then one day, he started it up and leaned way out. He turned off and then it wouldn't crank again. He put a breaker bar on it and it wouldn't turn back or forward. So he needs to tear down and figure it out. He drove it three days LOL

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We swapped the driver's door and the front fenders. The sag in the door didn't go away, we were going to do the spot weld on the pins to keep them from walking back out and just lost that project in the shuffle of the year. So now I need another left fender.

The boy somehow managed to get everything going right on the LS square body and then one day, he started it up and leaned way out. He turned off and then it wouldn't crank again. He put a breaker bar on it and it wouldn't turn back or forward. So he needs to tear down and figure it out. He drove it three days LOL
When those hinges get weak they do tend to bend--HIGHLY SUX! Especially since you swapped fenders and a door. I wonder if that lower A pillar get bent some from the weight of the door sagging over the years. Especially if you had to lift the door to close it.
DAMN! That sux about your boy's swap. Whenever he tears it down plz let us know what he finds.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I think that left front frame rail is slightly bent. That tire wears weird, the hook up front is bent way up and the gaps weren't lined up. We might go ahead and take it to frame shop and have them measure and see what is up. The fenders were $40 all together, so not a huge amount of money invested but that left side sucks! So much has to be unbolted to change out.

The boy started dating a girl so that project is definitely not high up on his list and he bought his first house so he's got some projects

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The boy started dating a girl so that project is definitely not high up on his list and he bought his first house so he's got some projects
Oh boy! Been there, done that!

I'm sure I don't have to say it-- make sure you bring it to a reputable shop. So many terrible shops out there. I hope you guys can get it figured out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3