What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Changed out my TBI. Bingo! The weird flutter and rich smell is gone from my truck. It's like it is brand new. Next thing up for replacement are my shocks, they are wore out. Need to sand and seal the roof rust spots and maybe finally put on my fender flares. Slowly but surely she is getting there.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped a brake line last night apparently. Had no brakes this morning when I left for work. Managed to get it to work after lunch to check the fluid and see where it's leaking...of course, driver side, in the frame, by the gas tank. Luckily summit racing had them in stock. Now to find the time and space to replace it while it's in the 20's and supposed to snow.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out I am getting gpas c1500 rcsb 4.3tbi tomorrow with 65k miles. Other than the peeled clear it should be like a time capsule. Anything I should be looking for? Want to drive it a short while to its new home. It hasnt ran in awhile. Should be no rust but im worried about brakes.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found out I am getting gpas c1500 rcsb 4.3tbi tomorrow with 65k miles. Other than the peeled clear it should be like a time capsule. Anything I should be looking for? Want to drive it a short while to its new home. It hasnt ran in awhile. Should be no rust but im worried about brakes.
I would pull it onto the street and give it a few good brake pedal tests... first, if possible, get it up to 10-15 mph while holding the brake pedal lighty to clean off any rust and let them cool. Then again up to 10-15 and a few firm and hard almost panic stop-ish, if something is gonna pop thats when it will... my 2cents

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull it onto the street and give it a few good brake pedal tests... first, if possible, get it up to 10-15 mph while holding the brake pedal lighty to clean off any rust and let them cool. Then again up to 10-15 and a few firm and hard almost panic stop-ish, if something is gonna pop thats when it will... my 2cents

Thanks. If the fluid looks bad Ill just do a flush there. I'm really hoping the gas hasnt gone bad.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. If the fluid looks bad Ill just do a flush there. I'm really hoping the gas hasnt gone bad.
Id be careful with them bleeders tho, chances are, rust or not, they’re gonna snap....as far as the gas, a few bottles of dry gas, some octance boost additive or a few gallons of super on top of whats in there and i think you'll be good... again... my 2cents

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id be careful with them bleeders tho, chances are, rust or not, they’re gonna snap....as far as the gas, a few bottles of dry gas, some octance boost additive or a few gallons of super on top of whats in there and i think you'll be good... again... my 2cents

Fingers crossed the bleeders dont snap I guess. I'll be careful with em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518