What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to update. So almost a month ago I noticed some popping in the left front wheel. To refresh if some of you remember my ridiculous warranty company fiasco, I had Belle tire replace upper control arms cause the bushings were bad and a lower ball joint on the driver side. This was work I definitely could of done myself except for the alignment. But I didn’t have time and also I have a warranty, but I ended up paying for it to get my hoe back cause they kept dragging their feet to pay up. Fast forward 6 months I’ve noticed some light popping usually in parking lots turning tight. Got worse. If I turn left and hit gas and brake hard I get the popping. Pulled the wheel off and noticed that it looks like it never got greased. They replaced it with moog but not sure what line of moog. Not happy.

So I call them up say hey before I fill it with grease maybe you should look at it. Asst manager was saying well it maybe not greasable if it doesn’t have a fitting. Told him I’m looking right at it. Oh well bring it in. It’s lifetime warranty we will replace it. Bring it in. They check it out. He sort of agreed with me not being greased but claimed that they come progressed... whatever. Anyways he claims that my passenger side is bad and they won’t replace the defective one until I replace that one cause they won’t Guarantee the alignment. Whatever fill it with grease and I will come back after replacing it.

So currently I bought the powerstop brake package from rock auto and a oem ball joint ready to go. I’m waiting a few weeks so I have time to fix.

Any tips on ball joint replacement? I’m going to rent the tool from one of the auto parts store near me.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score