What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like my 4-year-old AGM in my 2007 is starting to talk to me. When I start it in the AM when it's cold, the climate control has started defaulting to 74º on both sides, and 'Auto' is turned off. Best guess is that the battery voltage is dropping overnight. Gonna get a volt meter on it tomorrow to find out for sure.
check it in the morning at the battery post's before you start it up. that gives you resting voltage.
gm's magic number is 10.5v or less. I believe 10.8v is bottom of the barrel for a agm
not sure at what voltage the hvac loose's memory I assume 10.4v or less based on what the I have been told about the 10.5v by the service manager.
so if your battery is super low and then you start it the voltage is going to drop momentarily even more causing either loss of memory functions or even a bad handshake between various modules possibly throwing other codes.....
if it's not the battery then maybe a funky ground or the cold overnight is causing something to shrink/expand and loosing connection which could range from a fuse to a board

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check it in the morning at the battery post's before you start it up. that gives you resting voltage.
gm's magic number is 10.5v or less. I believe 10.8v is bottom of the barrel for a agm
not sure at what voltage the hvac loose's memory I assume 10.4v or less based on what the I have been told about the 10.5v by the service manager.
so if your battery is super low and then you start it the voltage is going to drop momentarily even more causing either loss of memory functions or even a bad handshake between various modules possibly throwing other codes.....
if it's not the battery then maybe a funky ground or the cold overnight is causing something to shrink/expand and loosing connection which could range from a fuse to a board
Checked it this evening and it's already down to 11.8v after sitting since this morning. I'll check it again in the morning.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced my 4WD switch, b/c I was getting intermittent Service 4WD errors. We'll see if this was the issue.

More cool: I installed a cheap-o Amazon Android 12 head unit.
View attachment 419437

Everything I've tested so far works. Most importantly is the Android Auto connection, which is automatic, and makes my wireless charger in the center console not useless when needing navigation.

-bZj
Yo you got a link for this? @Down8

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having trouble with the recirculate door. It isn’t closed all the way and leaks. Heidi had cold feet for our trip. Maybe the actuator is messed up?
Does the recirculating work for heat? I thought it was for ac only?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Having trouble with the recirculate door. It isn’t closed all the way and leaks. Heidi had cold feet for our trip. Maybe the actuator is messed up?
Tech2 can command full open and closed. Closed or outside air measures 30 counts. I did a calibration and didn’t receive the feedback code this time. Going to need to go for a drive. I wonder if I can see that through the panel opening or if the air bag needs to be out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640

Latest posts