What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a couple days ago the ac fan in the wife's 05 burb died, fixed that and go figure now mine has died as well, have rear fan no front, luckily I have a resistor and a fan on hand already, now to figure out which is the culprit......techII hi-** :ehcapt:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That’s weird that would be like that. I’ve only done the dash in my Silverado and both sides of those brackets sat perfect. Good eye.
I was working so fast that I just noticed it and kept going without thinking about it much more until later. I’m starting to hope didn’t pinch a harness under it in the back but I don’t think so. Not sure if I should sorry about it any more or not. All the rest of the holes lined up perfectly.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat gun. Hot day. Dental Floss. Patience. Braided fishing line would work too though. Then theres all sorts of stuff to pull the rest of the adhesive off with.

IMO, a Hair dryer is too out of control. Its like a spring break heat solution; wild in the streets. Just get a heat gun from HF. If it works once it's served its purpose.
I used a plastic caulking scraper. Worked fabulously.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was at it turned on the ambient temp display as wellPXL_20220617_024710258.jpg
Bad fan motor or just the connector? Are you thinking the motor caused the connector to melt?
ya, the post inside the fan connector is melted a little also, it shouldn't be like that. To me this indicates there is too much resistance in the motor and it's getting hot and once they start doing that it just gets worse and worse I could just replace the connector but it would still be a problem and melt the new connector over time. The fan I replaced it with was from a 08 denali I pulled out of the junkyard a year ago and it looks perfect and had a perfect condition harness also. back in business

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was at it turned on the ambient temp display as wellView attachment 372950

ya, the post inside the fan connector is melted a little also, it shouldn't be like that. To me this indicates there is too much resistance in the motor and it's getting hot and once they start doing that it just gets worse and worse I could just replace the connector but it would still be a problem and melt the new connector over time. The fan I replaced it with was from a 08 denali I pulled out of the junkyard a year ago and it looks perfect and had a perfect condition harness also. back in business
I turned that on in my Silvy, then realized my rear view mirror already displayed it so I turned it back off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019