What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
How does it feel and ride with new shocks?
How many miles did you have on your truck?
Which brand SHOCKS did you use?

Rides MUCH better...

I recently bought this truck at auction from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office with 124K. It was used for a mobile incident command vehicle, so it isn't all beat like the patrol units usually are.

The shocks I used were OE replacements for the Z56 suspension and are PPV specific, from what I understand. GM part numbers 88965334 (F) and 88965335 (R) from our friends at Rock Auto.

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I take back what I said about my cruise control not working. I know it works in the day time lol. But I tried this morning with the lights on and no cruise... what a bummer. Please let me know when you figure out the fix.

Thank you.

Will let you know going to tackle this today. It's annoying.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I guess term suspension I was using loosely. But I have zerk fittings on my sway bar bushings, and rear LCA bushings. I also run poly on most my suspension components, so use poly grease on them all. So I consider those suspension components, but all aftermarket so probably won't be related to most. And greased all front steering components that had zerk fittings.

Wasn't meant as a statement for others to need to do. My bad fellas. There aren't zerks on shocks, arms, springs bushings ect.... for stock suspension, that I'm aware of. So no worries

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides MUCH better...

I recently bought this truck at auction from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office with 124K. It was used for a mobile incident command vehicle, so it isn't all beat like the patrol units usually are.

The shocks I used were OE replacements for the Z56 suspension and are PPV specific, from what I understand. GM part numbers 88965334 (F) and 88965335 (R) from our friends at Rock Auto.

Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Changed the oil and gave it a nice wash before the rains hit this weekend.

No WHERE have you been Chauncey????? Glad to see you are back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts