What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty much when it stops working under 25 mph its broken or springs wore out. there was no noise, just stopped working. i was peg legging from a dead stop. when working you would feel right rear spin like 1/2 a turn then the left side lock in. or a sharp turn on wet ground they lock up and start clunking like a spool rear chirping the inside tire and plowing the front wheels. used to do this all the time turning into my drive way, more then once it caused me to over shoot the drive way and id have to stop and back up.

on a side note my camaros got a g80 locker, and it spins both wheels past 90 mph most of the time in the burn out box at the track, i think two times it unlocked and only spun one tire. but those two times i was on st tires. the rest of the time i had drag radials on. no idea if that would make the difference or not.
Guess it’s time.. https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/skuPage.913A481.specifications.html

ETA: Last summer she was spinning both easily, unexpectedly really, but something must have given up between then and now. Only thing changed was that I installed the girdled cover and changed the fluid.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say, your XL is as clean as mine. ( I bet your underside is fairly clean also? )
A pic please with your hood up...... ( just checking) :)

Thank you for the compliment, and more photos are my pleasure :) It was built in Arlington, Texas, I bought it in Grapevine, Texas brand new, and I've lived in the DFW area ever since. So, no exposure to road salt, etc. except for a handful of times when the DFW area received snow/ice that was enough to impede traffic.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    408.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    366.5 KB · Views: 9

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment, and more photos are my pleasure :) It was built in Arlington, Texas, I bought it in Grapevine, Texas brand new, and I've lived in the DFW area ever since. So, no exposure to road salt, etc. except for a handful of times when the DFW area received snow/ice that was enough to impede traffic.
Boy,.... do we both have a nice ride, or what?? ( Mine is a Florida owned)

Attachments

• Yukon under hood-cleaned side.jpg
    Yukon under hood-cleaned side.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas