What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally sent the oil sample into Blackstone for The Beast. She just gets hard short city trips nowadays, I’m rough on the old girl. It took well over a year to roll 3000 miles though. At 170k she still looks great and no mechanical issues in the last year or two. I don’t think I’ll ever get 100,000 miles on the blower so it will likely never need an oil change in its lifetime with me. :happy107: IMG_1237.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That's wild for sure. SUCKS but there are plenty of good ones out there for sure.
My mother uses a really good one. She's maybe 40 minutes from me, but he's VERY expensive. She tells me some of his prices and I tell her she could get it done cheaper, but she likes him and almost never needs to bring it back for something he didn't fix correctly. Get what she pays for.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mother uses a really good one. She's maybe 40 minutes from me, but he's VERY expensive. She tells me some of his prices and I tell her she could get it done cheaper, but she likes him and almost never needs to bring it back for something he didn't fix correctly. Get what she pays for.
Well....I didn't want to bring that up earlier but that right there is a lesson to be learned quickly. YOU get what you pay for. I'm all for saving money, hence why I did the labor on my own LM7 rebuild, but I did pay a reputable machine shop to rebuild the shortblock.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally sent the oil sample into Blackstone for The Beast. She just gets hard short city trips nowadays, I’m rough on the old girl. It took well over a year to roll 3000 miles though. At 170k she still looks great and no mechanical issues in the last year or two. I don’t think I’ll ever get 100,000 miles on the blower so it will likely never need an oil change in its lifetime with me. :happy107: View attachment 415318
Doggie!!! :)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wednesday, pulled out of the driveway en route to a cabin in Broken Bow, OK, and the shifter seemed a little wobbly. Grabbed it and it went limp. :wtf2:

I knew what happened before I pulled the clamshell :eek:. To properly orient the NNBS shift lever I installed, I followed these instructions and notched the metal and bent in a vice. Perhaps I went too deep with the cut, but the repeated motion of pulling down on the lever combined with soft metal severed it right in two.

Was able to use a small screwdriver to operate the transmission and made the trip to/from. I no longer have the original, so I will order another NNBS chrome/leather like the broken one. I might try to bend it in the vice without the notch. Maybe some heat? Just don't want to be in that situation again but without the bend it hangs so low (too much innuendo for one post) when in "Drive".

View attachment 415120View attachment 415121
Damn, that’s crazy. I just bent mine in a vice, no notch. Didn’t even need much pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255