What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally making progress on my hybrid Gen IV block with Gen III electronics. Dropped the crankshaft and working on piston/rods. Still have a ways to go. Need cam, timing set, pushrods, lifters and heads machined.

This was an LQ9 I bought nearly a decade ago that had a spun main. Had to get a good block as that one was junk and using some of the busted engine parts. Crank was no good either, so got a used 5.3 crankshaft polished, new pistons and got the rotating assembly balanced. Machine shop had to add those slugs on the counterweights to get it to balance.

Will most likely be for one of my GMT800 trucks. This is my first engine build, so learning as I go. I'm just a DIYer. :)
I love this kind of projects. Mix and match OEM parts to achieve a factory look & feel with custom performance. Good luck, would love to see ur progress.

PopperM5

Reaction score
well, I finally got around to making some progress on blacking out the dash. the factory gray-ish coating was gummy and chipping off on the center console and the dash trim, so the wife and I sanded everything down and repainted them in GM Iriduim metallic. The black was done with semi-gloss vinyl and fabric paint. It came out better than expected, here’s the before and after:

View attachment 411068

after:

View attachment 411069

View attachment 411070

View attachment 411071
That came out looking great!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally installed my window wiper seals on the front doors. ( they are cheap too from RA at least) replaced the driver side reg and motor. and replaced the heated seat, memory for the seats and the brake and gas pedals adjustments module. looks like rain this weekend again. lets hope the heaters stay the hell off after a rain storm.

next is the dead rear pass window. and sanding the hood smooth and trying my hand at wrapping. picked up a maroon carbon fiber looking wrap. looks to be a close match in color.

anyone whos glass is loose when its open, and it fails to wipe off water, dew, ect ect when you open the window, those things are so easy to change its silly. loosen the mirror, just unbolt it. dont even have to pull it off or unplug it, then stick a trim tool under the lip by the mirror and pull it up and tear it off, easy peasy. damn glass is so tight now even the new reg and motor are like, hey this is tight, so it moves slowly the first handful of times.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So far its money well spent.
It's like a totally different truck. Even sounds different. Power is there when you need it, there's no surging of the idle--and no idle chop--which is fine with me. 405636-387cb58402a3066c6736703527208787.jpg
It was tuned using a Mustang dyno. Looks to be 345 rwhp and 355 tq. Not too bad.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like a totally different truck. Even sounds different. Power is there when you need it, there's no surging of the idle--and no idle chop--which is fine with me. View attachment 411300
It was tuned using a Mustang dyno. Looks to be 345 rwhp and 355 tq. Not too bad.
the heart breaker strikes again lol its likely more whp then that. good to hear shes runs like a different truck.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like a totally different truck. Even sounds different. Power is there when you need it, there's no surging of the idle--and no idle chop--which is fine with me. View attachment 411300
Good Ton, happy for u

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 Suburban LQ4 had started running rough at idle and I couldn't really figure it out. Almost feels like a misfire. I recently reloomed the engine harness and had replaced the spark plugs, and the PCV hose broke at the valve, so I fixed that.

I finally had time to look it with more time. And I'm pretty sure at least one of my O2 upstream sensors is bad. It wasn't switching, even under higher RPM. Fuel trims have been a bit lean. No CEL light. Injector balance test seemed good. I just went ahead and ordered all 4 new O2 sensor replacement. Hopefully that fixes it.

Bonus:
My wife called me last weekend saying our '13 Town and County minivan had over heated on the way home from church. It's only like a 1.5 mile down the road. She bought water in the shopping center she was at and got someone to help her add it and she made it home safely. Yesterday I got a chance to check it out and immediately smelled coolant and saw a wet heater hose. I fired it up and saw there's coolant pissing from a heater plastic tee. It could of been worse...

Attachments

• IMG_20231013_073932378.jpg
    IMG_20231013_073932378.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231013_073845956.jpg
    IMG_20231013_073845956.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20231014_174057466.jpg
    IMG_20231014_174057466.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Forum statistics