What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a windshield repair kit from Permatex to fix a small, bullseye rock chip that just had some minor cracks starting to come off of it... on the windshield just above the drivers side wiper blade rest...I would say it is 80% better and the windshield in that area is smooth but I can still see it although less than before...we'll see if the repair lasts...

I also replaced the rear hatch wiper blade as the one on the Denali when I got it didn't wipe evenly...

Bill

Last edited:

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removed and cleaned the stock air box...lost of dust and some debris caught in the waffle like bottom as well as a black spider not from these parts and his prey and then replaced the Fram air filter with the current OEM AC Delco A3181C air filter...

Bill

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today, but last Saturday I took my family on a road trip from DFW to Pagosa Springs, CO for a week. We arrived at home around midnight last night.

We covered 1,963 miles in all. The truck did amazing, including towing a 6 seater side by side from Pagosa Springs to Tucker Ponds Campground 38 miles each way, up and down significant grades. We were pulling speeds of 80+ mph for 2-3 hours at a time going to and from Colorado, and the only thing slightly out of the ordinary I noticed was that the temp gauge climbed to maybe 220 when I was towing the side by side up a steep grade for several minutes - it came back down to normal the second the road flattened back out.

I'm so happy with this truck, and it was a great trip. Now time to clean out the interior (I had my three young sons in the car and it desperately needs attention), wash the bugs off, and change the oil.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_8059.jpg
    IMG_8059.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7912.JPG
    IMG_7912.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7847.JPG
    IMG_7847.JPG
    475.7 KB · Views: 10

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not today, but last Saturday I took my family on a road trip from DFW to Pagosa Springs, CO for a week. We arrived at home around midnight last night.

We covered 1,963 miles in all. The truck did amazing, including towing a 6 seater side by side from Pagosa Springs to Tucker Ponds Campground 38 miles each way, up and down significant grades. We were pulling speeds of 80+ mph for 2-3 hours at a time going to and from Colorado, and the only thing slightly out of the ordinary I noticed was that the temp gauge climbed to maybe 220 when I was towing the side by side up a steep grade for several minutes - it came back down to normal the second the road flattened back out.

I'm so happy with this truck, and it was a great trip. Now time to clean out the interior (I had my three young sons in the car and it desperately needs attention), wash the bugs off, and change the oil.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Sounds like a good time.

Everytime I hear about Pagosa Springs, it makes me think of the song Wolf Creek Pass by C.W. McCall. Song ends with “….bashed into the side of a feed store in downtown Pagosa Springs”

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inspected my jack today and found a strange part there. First thought that was a bent hook, until I saw that this is a special part .

Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Attachments

• 20230701_182739.JPG
    20230701_182739.JPG
    524.8 KB · Views: 10

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inspected my jack today and found a strange part there. First thought that was a bent hook, until I saw that this is a special part .

Does anyone have any idea what this is?
It’s a hold down hook. It hooks around the body of the jack and holds the chock blocks. You can kid of see it in this picture.

1688238889218.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman