What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Mechman 320 amp alternator, 0 AWG big 3 upgrade, and shorter serpentine belt. Might be a bit overkill for my current set up, but oh well. Mechman seems to have a really high satisfaction rating among mobile audio fanatics. Been sitting on the new bumpers and HD hood for a while now, waiting for some things to materialize then I'll spend the money to get them painted and put on.

drewtx154

Reaction score
Today I replaced my liftgate and rear window support struts/shocks. The liftgate wouldn't fully open all the way since I bought it in Sept. I was always very close to knocking my hard of the gate so it's def overdue. Was also extremely hard to close and the rear window wouldn't stay open so now it closes very smoothly and everything opens and functions as it should. The little things count just as much as the big repairs!! Have a great day yall

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I replaced my liftgate and rear window support struts/shocks. The liftgate wouldn't fully open all the way since I bought it in Sept. I was always very close to knocking my hard of the gate so it's def overdue. Was also extremely hard to close and the rear window wouldn't stay open so now it closes very smoothly and everything opens and functions as it should. The little things count just as much as the big repairs!! Have a great day yall
My hinges on the glass broke shortly after replacing with new struts a few years back, as the hinges are molded into plastic and it is very weak. Hopefully that isn't the case for you

drewtx154

Reaction score
My hinges on the glass broke shortly after replacing with new struts a few years back, as the hinges are molded into plastic and it is very weak. Hopefully that isn't the case for
As I was removing the old struts I noticed the passenger side hinge molding was cracking from the glass... I can see it's weak but still usable as of now. I think the new strut actually helps it from breaking now as fast but maybe I'm just living in a fantasy world about that lol... I know that I will not be opening it up as much as I thought I would be doin now. When yours broke, how did you fix it? My first thought would be to try and bandaid it by using epoxy or something like that... I'm not sure what I would do if it completely broke off...

Attachments

• IMG_20230318_203919006.jpg
    IMG_20230318_203919006.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 10

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I was removing the old struts I noticed the passenger side hinge molding was cracking from the glass... I can see it's weak but still usable as of now. I think the new strut actually helps it from breaking now as fast but maybe I'm just living in a fantasy world about that lol... I know that I will not be opening it up as much as I thought I would be doin now. When yours broke, how did you fix it? My first thought would be to try and bandaid it by using epoxy or something like that... I'm not sure what I would do if it completely broke off...
So I never ended up repairing mine that broke, although I was prepared to. I had bought "3m fast cure auto glass urethane" as I read most other stuff like jb weld fails. Prep the surface really well and c-clamp it with the urethane.
I was fortunate enough to have a friend that gave me his hatch glass, he had repaired his hinges. When I put that glass in, I took out the struts and stopped using the hatch glass. Even after it is repaired I believe it will fail again.
The reason my friend gave me his hatch glass is because a few years back we hit the junkyard together and he was fortunate enough to grab new glass off an escalade. The other day I was lucky enough to grab new glass off a 2006 tahoe, 2005+2006 models have improved hinges which to my knowledge don't have a history of failing. It cost me $50.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my front seats recovered on Tuesday, then today I tackled the AC drier and compressor.

View attachment 394873

View attachment 394872
Wish I had a garage like that to work in. I don't even have a carport or even an actual paved driveway anymore since I recently moved. I have to do everything in the grass or the gravel/crushed stone driveway. That stuff is HELL on your back when changing the oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts