What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fenders are different. Those and the headlights are anything with “cat-eyes” including the avalanche, so easier to find than the hood. Bumper is still wrong, need the HD Silverado one, to color match and mount.

Thanks, I really like the look of it!
Looks clean. Good job. How much did it cost you for all the parts to do it?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it’s not what I did to it today, but another person. Somebody decided to smash my rear window early this morning.

Nothing taken or visibly rummaged through, but they did get in to unlock the doors. Wondering if they plan to come back another time.

View attachment 390733

Luckily the glass is in stock locally. Will be getting it fixed tomorrow.

One problem is that the e sterile button to open the rear window doesn’t work and the framing is stuck in the locked window latch. Might have to deal with that in the morning before the window guy comes to replace it. Not sure what I’m going to do yet.
They really are IDIOTS! Why smash and enter the rear window to get in and unlock? Seems easier to smash one of the entry door windows and reach in, rather than crawl through the cargo area... DOPES!

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my front and rear diff oil. I wish I would have researched on how to shim the ring and pinion before doing the rear, it's got more backlash than I like....although I don't know if it's even worth doing that on a worn set. It's got enough backlash that I sometimes hear / feel a bump in between shifts.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Looks clean. Good job. How much did it cost you for all the parts to do it?
Bumper is wrong, and I still haven’t found a salvage one that’s any kind of quality, but the fenders were $125ish each, and the hood was $250. The lights I got for $50 out of salvage too. The body lift wasn’t too expensive, I forgot the kit, but it’s for a Silverado, you just have to buy a few longer bolts instead of the shorter ones it used for the bed.

Grill I bought new, ~$125. Paint I did myself from AutomotiveTouchup.com. I think by the end it’ll be close to $1k in parts.

Thanks, I really like the look too, really added some mean to that soft front.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Bumper is wrong, and I still haven’t found a salvage one that’s any kind of quality, but the fenders were $125ish each, and the hood was $250. The lights I got for $50 out of salvage too. The body lift wasn’t too expensive, I forgot the kit, but it’s for a Silverado, you just have to buy a few longer bolts instead of the shorter ones it used for the bed.

Grill I bought new, ~$125. Paint I did myself from AutomotiveTouchup.com. I think by the end it’ll be close to $1k in parts.

Thanks, I really like the look too, really added some mean to that soft front.
Found the correct front valance on the side of the road, where someone must’ve wrecked their truck. The valance was unbroken, with the clips still in it! Score!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving my truck today and the CEL came on. I read the code and reset it. Then later it came on again with the same code, Knock Sensor circuit Bank 2. But I literally JUST had this engine installed. Could the installer have maybe over tightened one of the sensors making it too sensitive? Or could it possibly be reading some knock as the engine is being broken in? I don't even have 200 miles on this engine yet. It's a crate engine, NOT a used engine. I had him re-use my knock sensors because I just installed these a little over 3 years ago.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving my truck today and the CEL came on. I read the code and reset it. Then later it came on again with the same code, Knock Sensor circuit Bank 2. But I literally JUST had this engine installed. Could the installer have maybe over tightened one of the sensors making it too sensitive? Or could it possibly be reading some knock as the engine is being broken in? I don't even have 200 miles on this engine yet. It's a crate engine, NOT a used engine. I had him re-use my knock sensors because I just installed these a little over 3 years ago.
Should probably move to Engine & Drivetrain thread...

Very good chance, a non-GM/AC-Delco replacement was used and the sensor is not working as it should...