What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that brake squeal finally showed its ugly face. rear pad was worn to hell. caught it just in time. buy all new pads on line at advanced auto. picked up last night. go out to pad swap today and they gave me the wrong pads for the rear. so another trip to a auto parts store in the SS, i really cant stand taking it to parking lots lol

get to the fronts and find the pass side caliper has one piston that wont go all the way back in. it got its old pads put back in till i get a new caliper, or maybe all 4 new. time to go shopping.

this dont even hurt to bad. ive put nothing into this truck in the last 3 years but oil changes and gas.

side note. got to use my new cordless impact guns again. talk about making life easy. im so over hand motion ratchets lol

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
OnStar is giving us an OnStar Link device (plugs into odb2 port) since 2g wireless is going away for our 2005 Denali
So everything in the vehicle pertaining to onstar is now useless and wasted space.You must be on your app connected for it to work while driving lol

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So everything in the vehicle pertaining to onstar is now useless and wasted space.You must be on your app connected for it to work while driving lol
Yes and no, in an accident you don't need a phone on you, the rest you need the app but you only get a few features on a 2005 model with onstar even before this. Nowadays who doesn't have a phone on them tho?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im surprised they dont offer an upgrade. The OnStar in my 04 Envoy got upgraded, and, as far as I know, will work for the foreseeable future.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I read online that if you sign up for X number of years worth of Onstar service, the dealer will upgrade your analog unit to a digital unit for free. Not sure if that was a limited time offer or not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts