What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sorry to say I cannot recommend the goodridge lines. Unfortunately I got to the third corner, now it’s all coming back off. Can’t go with the Mickey Mouse mounting hardware and one line leaked. I didn’t even get to the 5th line with the washers they supplied to fix that leak. Unless you fellas can show me a better way to mount the front lines then the little chincy clamp. Plus no provisions to mount the speed sensors. Most likely ripping it all back off and just getting oem again.

View attachment 278743
I've used a bunch of those clamps with no issues

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used a bunch of those clamps with no issues
I didn’t seem to have any trouble with mounting the lines to the control arms, etc.. you might need to get creative, using some of the old stuff, and some of the new clamps, but it all worked in my case, and they’re solidly mounted.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I originally started opening up the factory clamps etc, but that wasn’t really gonna work either. It’s been one thing after another with these lines, just over it.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I originally started opening up the factory clamps etc, but that wasn’t really gonna work either. It’s been one thing after another with these lines, just over it.
The factory pieces are larger diameter of course as well, since they’re made for rubber lines. Sorry you’re having so much trouble with them.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Yep, they would’ve ended up rubbing in the oem clamps anyway. Briefly tried putting some rubber in there etc, just too much trouble for me lol

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Well sorry to say I cannot recommend the goodridge lines. Unfortunately I got to the third corner, now it’s all coming back off. Can’t go with the Mickey Mouse mounting hardware and one line leaked. I didn’t even get to the 5th line with the washers they supplied to fix that leak. Unless you fellas can show me a better way to mount the front lines then the little chincy clamp. Plus no provisions to mount the speed sensors. Most likely ripping it all back off and just getting oem again.

View attachment 278743
Speed sensors use the factory clamps-i used those clips but i think i put them under the control arm not on top.Also used the factory clamp for the brake line by the knuckle this was back in 2017.I Put the lines on before the nnbs upgrade-made the pedal feel alot firmer.

Goodridge brake lines 039.JPG Goodridge brake lines 040.JPG

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, they would’ve ended up rubbing in the oem clamps anyway. Briefly tried putting some rubber in there etc, just too much trouble for me lol
That’s what I did, with zero issues. Opened up the factory clamps, reclamped them back on the new lines with rubber around the stainless lines. It’s not that hard. It’s the way it is with a lot of aftermarket stuff. You have to figure out a way to make it work. A zip tie for the abs wire works; I have special low-profile ones that just look like a small black strap after they’re trimmed. You will like the better braking with the Goodridge lines.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I didn’t want zip ties and like I said, one leaked anyway, the threading was messed up. So I’d have to return or wait again for a replacement hose anyway. Third strike is usually out for me. After waiting a month to get them, then having to have them send me extra parts to fix their kit, nope. after a few tries, then it wasn’t meant to be lol. Ordered the oem factory ones. I like stuff being as it should, not jerry rigged. That’s why I originally got the goodridge instead of stoptech etc, because I thought they were going to use or be close to factory mounting etc. found out that was not the case.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and front brakes pads today. While changing the oil I emptied my catch can. Warning to individuals who purchased this one off Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KK81KM...abc_05MFC2PXZD95XSAV9JNH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Check it regularly

View attachment 278695

Da fuq?! Do y'all salt your oil to keep it from freezing? I thought those were all the same, from the same Chinese factory. Apparently, someone made their baffle out of regular steel instead of the stainless the others and/or original ones are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924