What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I checked car-part.com and can’t find one of those hatch glass but I noticed LKQ isn’t well represented there. I have tried searching lkqonline.com but you can’t search for glass there, or so I thought. I found some under “interior” but still no back glass, just door glass or quarter glass. But they do have pictures of the donor vehicles so I looked at door glass at their Portland yard, and there in the picture of the donor vehicle is the glass I want. I’m gonna call tomorrow. It lists the stock number and VIN of the vehicle so I can provide that.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a TSB for the wiring connector due to the wire being broken inside the insulation right where it bends. You might solder in a new pigtail but make sure to solder and use heat shrink. Sometimes you can check by pulling on each wire and see if it stretches where the wire inside is broken.

I've completely removed the loom and tape around the socket. I didn't see any cracked or exposed wires and they all seemed pretty snug in the connector. I also traced the wires back to the main harness on top of the engine with no visible damage. Could a dirty filter cause this? I've bee. Kinda slacking with the air filter. Even though its not visibly clogged. I also notice no vacuum leaks and the MAF is a Delphi (same ac delco part number) replacement.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've completely removed the loom and tape around the socket. I didn't see any cracked or exposed wires and they all seemed pretty snug in the connector. I also traced the wires back to the main harness on top of the engine with no visible damage. Could a dirty filter cause this? I've bee. Kinda slacking with the air filter. Even though its not visibly clogged. I also notice no vacuum leaks and the MAF is a Delphi (same ac delco part number) replacement.
You can’t tell from looking at them. They break on the INSIDE, the wire itself breaks but the insulation looks fine. The only way to tell is to pull on each wire to see if the insulation stretches where the wire inside is broken. I would hold an end of a wire near the connector with needle nose pliers and then pull on each wire to see if the insulation is the only thing holding the wire together. Do it one wire at a time, carefully. The problem is it can be an intermittent connection because the ends of the breaks can still make contact until the engine vibration causes them to lose contact inside the wire. You can also move the wires around with the engine running and see if it stumbles. A dirty air filter could also cause that code.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a good time at the wrecking yard looking for a unicorn, I just didn’t realize it WAS a unicorn- the hatch glass from an 05-06 that’s the new design. Now I see what you meant @Tonyrodz about not being able to search for it. The guys there were sure they had one, it showed on their computer that it was with no surround. An 06 Yukon. And they had an 05 Tahoe they said had one. I looked at the 05 and about 8-10 others (not sure what years they were) but they were all the old style. The 06 was buried in blackberries but dude said no problem. He cut a path around the back of the truck, took a look and said “it’s the right one I think”....I looked and it wasn’t. The office guy said here’s the RPO code for that glass, then said never mind there isn’t a different one for that style. Sucks.

View attachment 246527
Damn man. Too bad.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's getting that code it's a short circuit or interference add any new electronics??

Detects a Continuous Short to Low or a Open in either the signal Circuit or the MAF sensor

what is the Value you are getting in grams/second?? <=1.26Hz

the new one could be bad if you could see if you can get a loaner or test it in someone else car

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called LKQ and both the 05 Tahoe’s that are in Portland that had that glass are no longer available but they found one in Cali that they’re shuttling up here. It cost a small fortune ($180) but I’ll just sell mine to offset it.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can’t tell from looking at them. They break on the INSIDE, the wire itself breaks but the insulation looks fine. The only way to tell is to pull on each wire to see if the insulation stretches where the wire inside is broken. I would hold an end of a wire near the connector with needle nose pliers and then pull on each wire to see if the insulation is the only thing holding the wire together. Do it one wire at a time, carefully. The problem is it can be an intermittent connection because the ends of the breaks can still make contact until the engine vibration causes them to lose contact inside the wire. You can also move the wires around with the engine running and see if it stumbles. A dirty air filter could also cause that code.

Thanks ill try this out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65