What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
And the driver's side -
View attachment 245654 View attachment 245655
Compared to the passenger side head, this looks to have more build-up.
Should the passenger side be oil-stained?

Now either I caught this soon after the problem started or something else is going on. The oil didn't look too bad in the drain pan -
View attachment 245656
At least it didn't have any chunk or globs in it.

I think I will just give the covers a good cleaning, finish the oil change and drive it for a few miles and recheck.

Here's the Castech mark.

castech_57aa2fd0724c829aea17a45d4fbcd94a83365557.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck still has severe lack of power (no codes) however I floored it yesterday and got P0102. I looked it up and it seems like I may have bad cats after all. One of the causes for P0102 (Maf Sensor - Low Circuit) is clogged cats and seems to be consistant with lack of power.

I think I'll be making a call to the exhaust shop again to have new cats welded in.

Question for the group. If it cost 250-300 per car welded in is it worth it or just buy replacement pipes online?

Reaction score
Took care of the trailer hitch yesterday after the recommendation here. Came off easy with 8 bolts - took a scraper, wire brush, and sand paper to it, then sprayed down with a couple coats of rustoleum black. Not perfect, but much better then before and I'm happy with the result

IMG_2405.jpg
IMG_2446.jpg
IMG_0658 (1).jpg

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took care of the trailer hitch yesterday after the recommendation here. Came off easy with 8 bolts - took a scraper, wire brush, and sand paper to it, then sprayed down with a couple coats of rustoleum black. Not perfect, but much better then before and I'm happy with the result

View attachment 245664
View attachment 245665
View attachment 245666

Are those the LED taillights or the regular bulb setup? I’ve been thinking about getting a set for mine.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck still has severe lack of power (no codes) however I floored it yesterday and got P0102. I looked it up and it seems like I may have bad cats after all. One of the causes for P0102 (Maf Sensor - Low Circuit) is clogged cats and seems to be consistant with lack of power.

I think I'll be making a call to the exhaust shop again to have new cats welded in.

Question for the group. If it cost 250-300 per car welded in is it worth it or just buy replacement pipes online?

Whichever way will give you better quality cats. Ideally, OEM cats are best. But, many people's budget doesn't allow for them. Just know that you pretty much get what you pay for when it comes to cats.

Personally, if it's a $500-$600 repair, I'd hollow them out (if you have visual inspections) or remove them altogether with one size smaller diameter pipe in their place then get a tune and have them taken outta the programming along with all the other usual tweaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts