What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TP143

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyways, finally got off my ass today and installed my 2nd pair of retrofits

I made a new set for 2 reasons:

1) I hate the amber reflector on the OEM housings
2) I spent like 16 hours on my first set, and wanted to prove to myself that I could do a better job the second time.

My initial cutoff was:

View attachment 218686

and now it is:

View attachment 218684

and my long awaited DIY video:

Where did you get the headlights you used for the retrofit and where did you get the parts that you used?

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The car looks great. I like the paved driveway with the edging also.

thanks on both. sadly the driveways not mine....but i did help install it lol those pavers go front side walk to the garage, then flow into the back yard. that was a lot of hard work. so glad my friend hired a crew to do most of the hard work. the installing the base was the most work. had to dig up 6 inches of dirt then stone then stone dust, making each layer level and pitched.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/s...iveway?sort=3&page=1&hotlinkfix=1552614970076 few pics of the install.

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if they won't fold at all with the switch, how can I fold and unfold them 3 times?
So look when I go thru the car wash it will push the mirror in sometimes. Then my motors will not work until I get out and fold the mirrors all the way in and back out on each mirror manually then the motors will grab and start working.

2004 Z71 Suburban Green I have a few upgrades done.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
But if they won't fold at all with the switch, how can I fold and unfold them 3 times?

I picked up a pair of power fold mirrors a while back and was able to get them to fold/unfold by applying power to the correct pins with a 12V wall wart power supply. I don’t recall the correct pin numbers on the plug but you should be able to find that info on the vehicle electrical schematic.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Anyone know the RPO code for keyless entry on the '00? Trying to figure out if ours has it or not so I can get key fobs... I would imagine it does since it has leather, puddle lights, powered/heated mirrors, and all the other crap it has on it.

Put the Esky hatch on.

Before
View attachment 218713

After
View attachment 218714

Put on some 305/45/22 Toyo Proxies i found on craigs. Fills out the wheel well better than the 285/45/22s. Also gave it a quick wash.

View attachment 218715

Oh man... this makes me want the Esky hatch even WORSE. Love the way that looks.

Yeah... thanks for the helpful instructions, GM. :flipthebird:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the RPO code for keyless entry on the '00? Trying to figure out if ours has it or not so I can get key fobs... I would imagine it does since it has leather, puddle lights, powered/heated mirrors, and all the other crap it has on it.

Oh man... this makes me want the Esky hatch even WORSE. Love the way that looks.

Yeah... thanks for the helpful instructions, GM. :flipthebird:
Can’t imagine any vehicle 2000 or newer not having keyless entry, regardless of trim level. [emoji3166]

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be damned, I guess I need to get into the lithium game if its putting up numbers like that for that cheap. And at maximum I really would only need around 5k if I build upon this setup. Are they safe though?

we've done testing by throwing them off balconies, shooting them with assault rifles, puncturing them with arrows, etc, and have yet to see a fire that I'm aware of. with these specific Ford Cmax hybrid cells anyways.

like any battery, there's always a risk, but these seem to be very low on the risk spectrum

Put the Esky hatch on.

After
View attachment 218714

damn son, I never knew that was a possible alteration, that looks amazing

Where did you get the headlights you used for the retrofit and where did you get the parts that you used?

all links are in the youtube video :)

headlights - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Cle...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

bracket - https://custom-brackets-designs.mys...-z3OnUDqjSyj3IBtxPv3ggzQxtnRjamgESD2po1vVx93s

kit - https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...al-kits/bixenon-morimoto-mini-h1-stage-3.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo