What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a laser temp scanner? The kind you point at something with a laser and reads temps? The temp on inlet and exit of cat will have a big swing where as normally the temps will be similar but you really should pull the codes. You can swing buy autozone or one of them and they should be able to pull stored codes. I have a cheap blue tooth one (blue driver?) i think i got it from amazon and it pulls current, stored, monitors many things... not bad for a cheap scanner.

Maybe a loose heat sheild? Some cats make noise when going bad because internally they fall apart, some just clog up without a peep. You can fill it with a tank of super+ gas and see if it feels better and cel doesn’t come back.

https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS

I was eyeballing that code reader. And I dont have a temp reader. I'm hoping it's a heat shield. The weird thing is the sound got noticeable after I did the knock sensor job

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the fresh air recirculating actuator. What a pain in the ass. Used sparkys instructions to remove dash. Watched a couple of YouTube videos and cut a plastic support and was able to give myself just enough clearance to work and get it out.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, today might be last day with my truck...was casually shopping it online but some random guy at Wally world asked if I would take $6k for it.

In South Texas for an 01, that's unheard of. Market is saturated here. So we'll see in about an hour.

I get to keep all the cool parts I hadn't installed and make even more.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the fresh air recirculating actuator. What a pain in the ass. Used sparkys instructions to remove dash. Watched a couple of YouTube videos and cut a plastic support and was able to give myself just enough clearance to work and get it out.
I did that one too. PIA for sure.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, today might be last day with my truck...was casually shopping it online but some random guy at Wally world asked if I would take $6k for it.

In South Texas for an 01, that's unheard of. Market is saturated here. So we'll see in about an hour.

I get to keep all the cool parts I hadn't installed and make even more.

Nope, deal was you ******* send them back if not installed. ;)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upgraded my cheap Amazon LED's for the brake lights, to the Sylvania Zevo, and went from white, to red. Much better. I'll have to get night pics, hard to see in the daylight.
Old:IMG_4181.JPG
Old right, new left:IMG_4185.JPG
IMG_4187.JPG IMG_4199.JPG IMG_4248-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Polished the puddle lights, and upgraded to a brighter bulb:

IMG_4048.JPG IMG_4255.JPG IMG_4267.JPG IMG_4268.JPG IMG_4273.JPG

Not the best pictures, but here’s before/ after the polish. Also installed brighter LEDs in the puddle lights

4c50b9ad599dca8355f4bc83c4638463.jpg

db3200e6b3950e9c05772ff7d9a44aa7.jpg

125e7c48737085be8cf2b1d592628260.jpg

Last edited:

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, deal was you ******* send them back if not installed. ;)
Well, she's gone. $6k for an 18 year old truck is a hell of a deal to pass up.

Brought a tear to my eye, but with a grad school internship coming up this summer and having to be our of work for 4 months and remodeling a turn of the century home I need the extra cash to stretch

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewsTahoe

Latest posts