What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason the camera doesn't really capture how aggressive these tires look. After running the Kelly street tires (that came on my 'Burb in 2015) for the past year I'm really liking the Falkens. I like the 16" size, too, gives me a nice fat tire.

Another thing the pics don't show is just how deep the grooves in the tread are. This is a really "meaty" tire!

Considering how much I saved going with the Falkens I hope they turn out to be a good choice. I normally don't mind spending a little extra $$ on tires, based on the theory of "buy the best and cry once vs. buy the cheapest and cry multiple times" but I really like the fact that other companies are out there challenging the "big dogs" on snow-friendly AT tires.
Yep. The original wild peaks have crazy deep tread as well. I'm running them in 295/70/17

I'm really thinking of getting the new ones in 315/70/17. But need the real world measurements to know if they'll fit.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to stock front spindles. Swapped out belltech sp drop shocks for Bilstein 4600 in the rear. Alignment and tire rotation. Stainless front brake lines

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tired of the drop?

It was just too low for the look I was going for. I actually rode around with the torsion bars turned up for the past month or two. If I'd have gotten 22s to start with, it'd be a good fit. 20s with A/T tires look better with a slightly higher ride height.

dktrpepr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I'm putting on a Black Widow Venom 250 muffler on the '09 Tahoe and can't wait to hear it rumble. Great reviews so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who gets tired of their rig looking (and handling) good?
Riding and handling good are subjective. It has been a bit rough for me over the past few months and I often have 2+ people riding with me since I have the largest vehicle of all my friends. That being said, we have a trip to Gatlinburg coming up and last year it scrubbed and jarred us to death. I figured I'd bite the bullet and go back to what works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Anderson