What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ta ta taday Junior!

2004 Z71 Suburban Green I have a few upgrades done.
@Galante @Tonyrodz
Bought a 20 year old Lexus GS300 as a daily commuter lol

Loved my previous LS430 boat that was roomier than the Yukon and got 20mpg,but can't justify peaking a flagship like that in an office or big box store parking lot. So I got me it's smaller sibling.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link for the heat element?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the heating element from a local GM dealer. I wanted an OEM replacement considering what a pain it is to replace. I know Dorman makes replacements, but the first blower motor resistor I got was dead right out of the box. That kind of soured me from buying anything else from them.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the heating element from a local GM dealer. I wanted an OEM replacement considering what a pain it is to replace. I know Dorman makes replacements, but the first blower motor resistor I got was dead right out of the box. That kind of soured me from buying anything else from them.
My rule of thumb with buying parts is if it’s hard to replace, it’s OEM or better. Dorman is ok if it’s super easy to do but I do not trust the quality.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So for the Yukon, I'm pretty sure the body lines are the same as the Tahoe/'Burban, so you should be good there, and you won't need to cut the flare in half since you have the XL.

However, these are "cut-out" style flares, which means they're meant for you to widen the wheel well by cutting and folding back the fender like this:

On the front we were able to just bend the aft portion of the flare. In the rear, since we were already cutting the flare in half, we were able to cut it so that it fit in the existing wheel well without cutting and folding the fender, but if you aren't cutting the flare, you might have to cut and fold like he did in the above video.

Thanks for the info and the video. I'm not quite ready to cut on it yet but maybe in the future when rust starts to come thru. Just part of living in Wisconsin. Again, your ride looks AWESOME!! Great work personalizing it and making it your own.

CountMinsi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought one!

Just bought a 2004 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0L. It has 110k miles on it and is in great shape. I had been searching high and low for a V10 Excursion. After checking out a few it just seemed like they were all more worn than I wanted - and expensive! Then my dad sent me a link for a hideous green (state park vehicle) 07 2500 Suburban. It only had 80k miles but was out of my price range. Turns out, the same place had the 04 I ended up buying. I hadn't really been looking at Suburbans or Yukons because the few times I'd searched for them I found nothing viable for me (either too far away or too expensive). I'm extremely excited and happy that this one came my way.

It needs a couple small things. Looks like the oil pressure sending unit is bad and maybe the trans temp gauge isn't working. I'm really excited to go to town giving it its inaugural detailing - something I've always loved doing to a new to me car.

I've never driven a heavy duty truck before. So, it was a bit different of a feel. When I put it in 4wd it was louder than I had experienced before - not bad loud, just noticeable and different.

I'm going from a 2001 Nissan Xterra, that I love and thought I'd drive until it fell apart. But, our plans changed. My wife and I plan on hitting the road to live full-time in our 33' travel trailer with our 1.5 year old daughter, dog, and cat. A bit crazy, but it is ultimately what brought me to this forum.

I'm super excited and anxious to pick it up in a few days (getting a power lock fixed first)!

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one!

Just bought a 2004 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0L. It has 110k miles on it and is in great shape. I had been searching high and low for a V10 Excursion. After checking out a few it just seemed like they were all more worn than I wanted - and expensive! Then my dad sent me a link for a hideous green (state park vehicle) 07 2500 Suburban. It only had 80k miles but was out of my price range. Turns out, the same place had the 04 I ended up buying. I hadn't really been looking at Suburbans or Yukons because the few times I'd searched for them I found nothing viable for me (either too far away or too expensive). I'm extremely excited and happy that this one came my way.

It needs a couple small things. Looks like the oil pressure sending unit is bad and maybe the trans temp gauge isn't working. I'm really excited to go to town giving it its inaugural detailing - something I've always loved doing to a new to me car.

I've never driven a heavy duty truck before. So, it was a bit different of a feel. When I put it in 4wd it was louder than I had experienced before - not bad loud, just noticeable and different.

I'm going from a 2001 Nissan Xterra, that I love and thought I'd drive until it fell apart. But, our plans changed. My wife and I plan on hitting the road to live full-time in our 33' travel trailer with our 1.5 year old daughter, dog, and cat. A bit crazy, but it is ultimately what brought me to this forum.

I'm super excited and anxious to pick it up in a few days (getting a power lock fixed first)!
Post pics asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709