What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea on how to clean all this grime?

Those valve covers aren't supposed to be black lol

View attachment 212632

your favorite degreaser a stiff paint brush to loosen up the thicker crap and a hose. or i like to go to a local coin op diy car wash and use the heated hi pressure wand. keeps the mess off your own driveway.

i like CRC brand, it stinks less. or theres simple green, many seem to like that. or good old engine foamy brite works too, just stinks bad for a while.

as long as you dont directly spray the alt you dont really need to cover it, everything else under the hood can get wet.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. They said the old ones were fine. Guess I should've told them to do them anyway. I already have 1 brand new one. Driver side hard to do?
I’ve never done them so IDK. I do know they’re a lot easier with the motor out and anything that’s relatively inexpensive like that should definately be done while access is super easy, just as preventive maintenance. Kind of hard to believe they didn’t.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ve never done them so IDK. I do know they’re a lot easier with the motor out and anything that’s relatively inexpensive like that should definately be done while access is super easy, just as preventive maintenance. Kind of hard to believe they didn’t.
Yeah, the owner was a douche, big time. That's the guy that ruined my AC condenser, and when I told him he damaged it he basically called me a liar. So I told him he could go fu%$ himself.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Remember how you were having issues with your front driveshaft hitting your Y-pipe… Motor mount would have a lot to do with that. After it’s replaced, I would try putting it back in.
Supposedly when it was done the motor mount was good. That would be friggin awesome if the prop shaft would go in.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the busted running boards off. Need a set of running boards for an 04 escalade if anyone has.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Messed with the HVAC

No front heat on my '01 SLT.

The rear heat works so I know it's not the core or coolant related, so I tried the actuator relearn procedure. I can hear the actuators move when moving the dials, but still no heat. I'm getting ready to remove the cover under the dash so I can visually watch the blend door actuator and tey to figure this out.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10