What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got me a 2020 NJ inspection sticker.View attachment 209388

I got one last week as well. Ok, actually my wife took it to get a new inspection sticker since l simply don't have the time to go between going to school and work all damn day. But she took it to the shop we usually go to, because the guy there used to be a "friend with benefits" with my wife's friend. So he DGAF as long as we have all the paperwork and insurance for the vehicle. I don't even have a front bumper on my truck right now, and my tint is definitely illegal, but he gave her a valid two year sticker for it. :happy107:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got to the trans fluid and filter change. AC Delco Dexron VI from Amazon. AC Delco filter and seal #24208576 (I didn't use the pan gasket).

View attachment 209323

Fluid was DARK.

View attachment 209327

I did remove the linkage bracket (driver side, T40 torx) and the heat shield (passenger side, 10mm). Pan came down easy peasy. No prying, pulling, or anything. Just the right angle and down it came.
Pretty good bit of sludge on the magnet, but no shards or chunks...

View attachment 209324

All cleaned up and Lubelocker gasket...

View attachment 209326

The filter seal was hard to get out, but I managed to get an edge bent away and got ahold of it with a little pliers.

View attachment 209328

Since BlackBear is in two weeks and I had the fluid out, I decided to make a day of it. You guessed it, Vette servo! Followed this:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/f...22/corvette-servo-install-w-alot-pics-476223/

Went as planned. I didn't get any pics of this because it was getting dark and started raining. I was going as fast as I could while still respecting the fact that I was working on my transmission. Getting the snap ring back in sucks.

Finished the flush and used the stick to get the level close. I put it through all the gears in idle and double checked. Then I took it around the block a few times. 1-2 shift is nice. With the little sprinkle going, it even got loose for a sec at WOT. Sweet. So far so good.

Got home, put it through the gears in idle again, rechecked the fluid level, and topped it off. Will check hot again tomorrow. Follow up later.

Where'd you find that lubelocker gasket? Got a link for it?
We are fixing to service the transmission on my son's 99 Silverado and I would rather get that gasket if we can. Hell, I want one for mine too even though I don't need a transmission service for at LEAST another year or so.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Oil change last night. Went just a tad over 5000. Oil life monitor still at 16%. Last time it hit 0 shortly after 4000. Took a sample for Blackstone to compare to last time. Rotated tires. Emptied catch can. It seems to be pretty consistent at about 2 Oz.
20181016_160620.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do it so your fogs come on too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No only my lows and highs. I have a fog that's blown out so until I get a replacement I dont use them. Both foglight housings take on water. So I'll be ordering a new set soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod