What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Installed new LED DRL's, new LED signal bulbs (front and back), and LED reverse lights. Now suffering from Hyperflash so installing the Novita LM487 flasher relay once I find my 8mm socket this afternoon.
Update on flasher. Did it seem to work?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got a warm ish day and the ambition to break out the buffer and go to town on the hoe.

crap pics, the sun was setting and was very strong. good old parking lot life.

i even did the roof, unlike most im sure.

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

while waxing, i notice the pass side floor was wet so i pulled off the sill and the carpet and padding was soaked, so i put a towel between em and stood on it a few times to help dry it up, then stuffed some crap under the rug to lift it up so it can dry , is there a common thing that leaks down there? i pulled the a pillar trim, theres no water trail, and the head liner is dry. thinking it might be the xm antenna i suppose, if thats the pass side box on the roof.

and its not coolant, it just water, sill to about 1/2 way to the console was wet.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got a warm ish day and the ambition to break out the buffer and go to town on the hoe.

crap pics, the sun was setting and was very strong. good old parking lot life.

i even did the roof, unlike most im sure.

View attachment 193719

View attachment 193720

View attachment 193721

View attachment 193722

while waxing, i notice the pass side floor was wet so i pulled off the sill and the carpet and padding was soaked, so i put a towel between em and stood on it a few times to help dry it up, then stuffed some crap under the rug to lift it up so it can dry , is there a common thing that leaks down there? i pulled the a pillar trim, theres no water trail, and the head liner is dry. thinking it might be the xm antenna i suppose, if thats the pass side box on the roof.

and its not coolant, it just water, sill to about 1/2 way to the console was wet.

What’s the door weatherstripping like? My driver door one was shot and leaked like you described

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the door weatherstripping like? My driver door one was shot and leaked like you described

ill have to take a closer look at that at that. thanks for a place to look.

trucks still new to me and have not looked at every little last thing yet.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill have to take a closer look at that at that. thanks for a place to look.

trucks still new to me and have not looked at every little last thing yet.

No problem, let it dry out and if the weatherstripping looks ok to a garden hose on a warm day and spray the door and see if that causes anything if that doesn’t cause it make sure the cowl drain on that side is clear

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, let it dry out and if the weatherstripping looks ok to a garden hose on a warm day and spray the door and see if that causes anything if that doesn’t cause it make sure the cowl drain on that side is clear

water test was the next thing after i checked for anything thats super common from you all knowing forum people. helps when you been around a platform, you pick up on the common stuff even if its not happened to you yet lol

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gots a suns roofs?

Something about drains going down the a pillars and being clogged....supposed to drain behind the front wheel well liner....i think

i blew them out last month when a new stain showed up on the moon roof slider. then dumped a glass of water in the drain pan and i got water from both front fenders @ the door and behind the front doors. so pretty sure those are ok.

RyanJW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on flasher. Did it seem to work?

Yep, worked really well. Super simple to swap out. Although the 'tempo' doesn't sound like the original but it stopped Hyperflash immediately. I'll take a few photos tonight of all the LED upgrades.

Today I swapped out the third brake light as it half LED's had stopped working. I got the black housing / smoke lens version which I think looks much nicer with the black/grey look of my truck!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073K3S4B3

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yep, worked really well. Super simple to swap out. Although the 'tempo' doesn't sound like the original but it stopped Hyperflash immediately. I'll take a few photos tonight of all the LED upgrades.

Today I swapped out the third brake light as it half LED's had stopped working. I got the black housing / smoke lens version which I think looks much nicer with the black/grey look of my truck!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073K3S4B3
Would it cause an issue if you have resistors with that module?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar