What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never installed resistors so I just added the LED bulbs and the new LM487 as my upgrades.

X2 on this works perfectly I run the same setup, beats hacking up the wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gots a suns roofs?

Something about drains going down the a pillars and being clogged....supposed to drain behind the front wheel well liner....i think

had to take a quit trip out, that rubber seal looks as good as new. looks like its water test time. it had just poured here for two days, then i just went to the car wash before the buffer action took place. to wet to be the car wash i think. and the carpet up to the fire wall is bone dry, very odd leak.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
O'Reilly's had Mobil syn for 28.99 plus a mail in for $10 gift card. Jug or singles minimum 5gal purchase, limit 6 jugs or 24 singles. Two rebates per household. I grabbed a jug and 5 singles. $32 something each after tax and $10 each on the rebate. Not bad. I had some filters still from my last RA order, so I changed it and cleaned the can. It was grosser than usual. A lot more fuel and milkshake. Is that from winter, or indicative of something else?

20180227_184718.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O'Reilly's had Mobil syn for 28.99 plus a mail in for $10 gift card. Jug or singles minimum 5gal purchase, limit 6 jugs or 24 singles. Two rebates per household. I grabbed a jug and 5 singles. $32 something each after tax and $10 each on the rebate. Not bad. I had some filters still from my last RA order, so I changed it and cleaned the can. It was grosser than usual. A lot more fuel and milkshake. Is that from winter, or indicative of something else?

View attachment 193762

you loosing coolant? might have blown head gasket or cracked head. was the oil over filled? clue to a head gasket being bad.

that looks pretty bad to btw, not sure id keep driving it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
you loosing coolant? might have blown head gasket or cracked head. was the oil over filled? clue to a head gasket being bad.

that looks pretty bad to btw, not sure id keep driving it.

I am losing a tiny bit of coolant (maybe 1/2" every 6-8 weeks). I see no signs of it in the oil, though (I looked under the cap and paid close attention to what I drained) . It's just like that in the catch can.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am losing a tiny bit of coolant (maybe 1/2" every 6-8 weeks). I see no signs of it in the oil, though (I looked under the cap and paid close attention to what I drained) . It's just like that in the catch can.

oh that cup came from the catch can, missed that part. thought that came out the oil pan and separated sitting.

that could be normal, im sure the can condenses and adds to milk shake.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
oh that cup came from the catch can, missed that part. thought that came out the oil pan and separated sitting.

that could be normal, im sure the can condenses and adds to milk shake.

That's why I wondered if it was from winter. I have certainly seen plenty of milkshake in PCV lines. Here are pics from my last two changes.

August
20170722_145045.jpg

Late Nov.
20171127_185943.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan