What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after owning my Yukon for one year, it was time to renew my registration and get an annual motor vehicle inspection.

I surprisingly failed for the following reasons:
  • HID Aftermarket Replacement Low Beam Bulbs
  • Right Turn Signal Activates Hazard Lights
  • Excessive Play in the Front End
Apparently HID lights that are not OEM have been illegal in Massachusetts for the past three years. So I had to go get a pair of incandescent bulbs and "install them for a re-inspection". The HID lights were in the Yukon when I bought it last year. The dealer I purchased it from handled the registration and inspection, so the inspection station either missed the lights, or looked the other way for the dealer.

I replaced the turn signal flasher relay under the dash with a GM replacement module that is an updated/upgraded unit since this seemed to be a common failure point in '03-'06 models. It seems to have solved the problem.

I tracked the excessive play to a set of worn Pitman and Idler Arms. While I was in there I also replaced the Idler Bracket since it was out and one less tapered joint I had to break, and it didn't look like any of them had ever been greased. After installing them I cleaned out all the grease points on the front end, and greased all the joints until the boots puffed back up. After that I took it for an alignment where they corrected the toe. Overall the job went well, but my arms and neck are going to be sore for a few days after wrestling the old ones out.

If anyone is interested these are the parts I ordered from Amazon. They all worked well, had great fitment, and seemed better quality than the parts I removed.
I also took the opportunity to by a nice cordless magnetic swivel LED work light. I don't know why I waited so long to get one. I can't imagine doing the steering work without it.

The Denali's didn't come with factory HID's in the lows? My Escalade does would have thought the Denali would be similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New drivers side exhaust mani in Friday, new water pump and thermostat today

9HOE9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced the parking break shoes since the driver's side shoe pad disintegrated and came apart.. also changed out the headlight housings for new blacked out housings... Next up is new fog lights with LEDs since driver side fog light is busted or new door speakers since they are shot
c14e92d73d6dd1ab8f6a137a1921995a.jpg
068503fd10871638fe4b1d4a55a685e5.jpg
b38378335e36090b7b90b87ea545f725.jpg
9bc9a978243d31e0b9afcd253d9651b2.jpg
006b172d0ae630439764afa7715dac8a.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog