What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steamrash

Reaction score
Also mine is NOT a z71 and had to have the ends cut off to get my bumper on (I didn't do the work just saw the aftermath)
Yes I noticed that after the fact... They all have those ends. The cutting part wasn't as bad plus I got some metal work XP out of it... it was the demoralization after opening it all up and seeing something completely different. I'm past all that now since wiring is the new nightmare. I wanted to be cool and send in the switches from the passenger side instead of the stock wire grommet under the steering. Now I gotta take apart the AC vents under the glove box to see what I'm dealing with.

Steamrash

Reaction score
I don’t know about that sob story…
View attachment 430071
Still false advertising on the main page... No cutting, grinding, welding? All the rookies like me who think it's just a couple of screws are falling for it. Either way ... Almost done putting it together anyway.

Attachments

• PXL_20240610_182755189.jpg
    PXL_20240610_182755189.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 7

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what we're here for my friend. Love this forum, and I like to contribute useful info when I can--and non useful bs:p
Do it again Tony.

Now my 06 Suburban did the same. AC tensioner seized and snapped the belt. DejaBoo!

Attachments

• IMG_20240610_204848296.jpg
    IMG_20240610_204848296.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 2

Steamrash

Reaction score
Nice progress.
Looking forward to finished product.

I really like their stuff.
Want the rear bumper w/ tire carrier.
Always hated mine underneath.
Here's a night photo for now... I wrapped up an hour ago. Finished at 6 but as you could see from my previous pics I make a ton of mess everywhere.

Attachments

• PXL_20240611_035433277.jpg
    PXL_20240611_035433277.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 9

Steamrash

Reaction score
Nice progress.
Looking forward to finished product.

I really like their stuff.
Want the rear bumper w/ tire carrier.
Always hated mine underneath.
You can put a water reservoir underneath instead, and you can fill it from the top without removing and putting back. I totally agree. Tire on the swing plus maybe a trash bag on top (or not) but so much more room for stuff without making the car any wider. I would've loved that too but I have a bike rack.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Do it again Tony.

Now my 06 Suburban did the same. AC tensioner seized and snapped the belt. DejaBoo!
I think this is a fairly common issue because the tensioner is mounted so low on the engine. I think it's prone to getting wet a lot and getting exposed to debris, and over time it just gives up the ghost. Did you replace it already?
It's been a few years since I replaced mine, so I'm expecting mine to seize up soon too lol.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is a fairly common issue because the tensioner is mounted so low on the engine. I think it's prone to getting wet a lot and getting exposed to debris, and over time it just gives up the ghost. Did you replace it already?
It's been a few years since I replaced mine, so I'm expecting mine to seize up soon too lol.
Yeah, I think you are right. The tensioner sits low in the engine and I would imagine it gets a lot of water and debris.

I didn't replace it yet. Will order new parts today from RockAuto.

This is the engine I just overhauled and had replaced the belt because it had some cracks on the ribs. The lesson learned is: replace the tensioner along with the belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty