What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Busy week for the Esky build. We drove up to N. AL to meet with the builder and finalize a few issues about exhaust system, tune, engine build and upholstery.

Still working on the final version of the exhaust tip. But for now, to have something in place, we are going to use the exhaust tip shown below. It looks similar to an exhaust option once offered on the Cadillac CTS-V; but its actually off a 2016 Honda Civic SI. Two reasons for using the Honda tip instead of the CTS-V tip: 1. The front plane of the CTS-V tip makes it easier to brush against and get burned. It protrudes at the center and recedes toward the outer edges like a swept V. Whereas, the front plane of Honda tip is flat. 2. The Civic tip is free. I like this size and shape, but not crazy about the single opening. I may have an aluminum trim bezel made to divide the opening, or if it doesn't cost too much more I may have a billet exhaust tip made similar to the trapazoidal one piece exhaust tip made by Corsa for the C6 Corvette.

Also, here is a mock-up of a seat in the color we chose. The trim inserts in the doors, dash cover and the console cover will be the same dark red color. The remainder of the trim will be left OE pewter. The contrasting color for seat/door trim/dash/console mimics the color-combo upholstery scheme in some of the newer model Escalades.

Oh, they also mounted new Michelin Defender tires on the wheels I got from Santaannawheels.com.

Final photo shows OE LQ9 being pulled. The guy to the far right is the builder.
1644097137344.jpeg1644096647431.jpeg1644097662849.jpeg1644097762524.jpeg

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got her a pair of powerstop Z17 front pads for my 2020+ 4 piston brake caliper swap. One of these days the current brakes will start squeaking so I can justify the swap
I put the Powerstop pads & calipers on my '05 Yukon...... The pads work great, and no dust on the wheels.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Download your tune(s) and create a folder on a pc and label it “stock tune” or “original tune” and put a copy in there. That’s the one you don’t touch except to use it to restore your truck back to the original. You know, in case you mess the one up you’re working on. I also keep one on a flash drive. Except mines not the stock tune, it’s the original that was done by BB. My stock tune would just blow my engine up. Any time you make a change, you should decide on a way to label that tune so you know what you changed. Either with the name of the tune by itself or with a notebook cross-referenced to the name or date. That’s my 2 cents but I’m pretty new to it. I have only made one change to mine, that was to turn off reporting for a 3-2 downshift DTC that was putting my trans in limp mode. My trans builder said they don’t use that solenoid anyway so just delete it in the tune. It worked.

Well, there won't be anything being saved for now... the credits I purchased aren't showing up in my account after registration and update. <sigh>

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my HP Tuners MPVI2+ came in just now... I have to decide if I'm confident enough to hook it up and analyze or not.

View attachment 362483

I can't actually hurt anything just downloading, right? Just looking at my tune? As long as I don't try to upload/overwrite anything???
install and pair it up, read the tune, spend some time learning how to set up your scanner, best tool you have. but setting it can suck your first time out. make sure you save it lol theres lots a of vids on youtube for that. you cant flash or change a tune till you unlock it with the credits. but you can navigate it fully and see whats what.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there won't be anything being saved for now... the credits I purchased aren't showing up in my account after registration and update. <sigh>
you need to set up your account on hptuners web site/forum, then have the interface plugged into the laptop enter the number into the interface and sync it up. need to be connected to the web. if the number still wont take, try all caps for the letters or all lower case, try with spaces and no dashes and with only dashes.

Logan5

Reaction score
Transmission went clunk today. Lost 4th gear and reverse. 1st sounds like it is grinding metal. 3rd was ok and I made it home.

Time for a new trans. There is a used one in a parts car I can grab for free and pray it has plenty of life left in it, or I can get a remanufactured one.

Came across this on google: https://www.bestbuytransmission.com/4l60e-transmission
5 year warranty seems fairly good. Anyone have experience with these guys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24