What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today, but a couple days ago I did a half-assed seat repair. Gonna see if it holds up, then do the bottom and get some of the colormatch dye.

I shoulda went and cut some leather out of some seats at the junkyard instead of using vinyl, but oh well
I super glued my driver seat back together lol, and also learned super glue and the foam / leather make a bad reaction and my finger got glued on it while a very hot burning occurred at the same time. But it’s fixed!

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my rebuilt transmission’s 40,000 mile service done & this is the outcome I was told, still works just fine though. We’ll see how long this lasts. Went in @ 122,000 and currently about to flip 198,000.

Attachments

• CB244603-754D-4755-9CA9-51A16F632146.png
    CB244603-754D-4755-9CA9-51A16F632146.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so spongy brake feeling went away after the pads bedded in. i think both front calipers were sticking some. when i let the brakes go when rolling it really feels like its free rolling now lol

almost ran a red light the other day, i had to pound the brakes. i got 3-4 tire chirps out of the abs as it came to a stop, pedal stayed solid didnt mush to the floor. over all pretty happy. l'll likely just swap the rear calipers over winter and do a full flush at that time.

oh, and last fill up, 68 bucks. 3.69 for super. tried running it on 87 and it had kr just cruising. didnt have to time to scan and tune ect ect. so back on 93. i was at the end of the tank of 87, so here have some yummy 93. no kr anywhere now. figures right lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so spongy brake feeling went away after the pads bedded in. i think both front calipers were sticking some. when i let the brakes go when rolling it really feels like its free rolling now lol

almost ran a red light the other day, i had to pound the brakes. i got 3-4 tire chirps out of the abs as it came to a stop, pedal stayed solid didnt mush to the floor. over all pretty happy. l'll likely just swap the rear calipers over winter and do a full flush at that time.

oh, and last fill up, 68 bucks. 3.69 for super. tried running it on 87 and it had kr just cruising. didnt have to time to scan and tune ect ect. so back on 93. i was at the end of the tank of 87, so here have some yummy 93. no kr anywhere now. figures right lol
I feel the pain on the super. I’ve had to run it ever since I put a blower on it and since it was my daily it could get pretty expensive depending on where my job site was. Sucks when you have to spend $100+ a week in gas just to get back and forth to work. Now that I’m retired my fuel bill is way down, thankfully.:happy107:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My average gas cost is nearly half then what it was..... Because I moved to Florida.
California was a gas eater. ( Hell...... 30 minutes to groceries...... An hour & a half to a "close by" race shop, etc. Not due to distance...... but time/ traffic !

( Current gas per gallon is 'up to' .. less than $3.00 )

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the pain on the super. I’ve had to run it ever since I put a blower on it and since it was my daily it could get pretty expensive depending on where my job site was. Sucks when you have to spend $100+ a week in gas just to get back and forth to work. Now that I’m retired my fuel bill is way down, thankfully.:happy107:
lucky for me a tank of gas lasts a month. work is a 5 mile round trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts