What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between the 51522 and the 57045? I saw someone else mention they used that one and it is what was on their wife's enclave or something, so that's what I grabbed. It looked the same as the one that's meant for the truck, just longer.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the difference between the 51522 and the 57045? I saw someone else mention they used that one and it is what was on their wife's enclave or something, so that's what I grabbed. It looked the same as the one that's meant for the truck, just longer.

The threads on the 57045 are 22x1.5mm. The 51522's threads are SAE, 13/16-16. Not interchangeable.

Also, burst pressure for the 57045 is higher (350 vs. 290) and the gasket thickness and diameters are somewhat different.

The By-Pass Valve setting on the 57045 is 12-15 psi, while there isn't one on the 51522.

Filtering is the same at 21 micron (nominal). Both have anti-drainback valve. Wix has more specs on its web site, but here's a snip of each:

1632365293300.png

1632365403600.png

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a water pump, and thermostat in today. Noticed a puddle of coolant under the truck yesterday. Found that some in the past drilled the lower hole out of the thermostat housing mount and the put a bolt through the back. Must have stripped the bolt out last time they swapped the thermostat.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to see if/how the truck adjusts the percentage, and I like to familiarize myself with the Tech 2. Wish I could find a good ethanol PID for Torque Pro.

But for curiosity's sake I should do some kind of comparison with a known sample, since I'm not really certain that the fuel composition sensor value is accurate. Not that it matters much as long as the fuel trims adjust and I have that awesome feeling of power under foot. (As Dad would have said, the "foot-feed.")

Hey! I resemble that! ;) Seriously, I really lucked out getting a good solid truck, not having done much research on them before I bought. I have learned a lot about them since, though, mostly on the shared experiences of this great TYF community.
X2!! I lucked out, and have learned a TON here..! Y’all rock!

Annnd… I should see what kind of alcohol % I’m getting too. Haven’t looked for some time.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I paid about $335 in total this past June for my driver's seat cover and new foam cushion from The Seat Shop; quality stuff. OEM style leather/vinyl cover was about $210. Of course I haven't replaced it yet.
Same… I spent something around $500. New back and bottom, bottom foam, and new heater elements for both back and bottom, since when the back went out, I decided it was time to get ‘er done..! Annnd all the parts are sitting in my office….. soo Steve, when are we doing our seat repair party…!? :grd:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same… I spent something around $500. New back and bottom, bottom foam, and new heater elements for both back and bottom, since when the back went out, I decided it was time to get ‘er done..! Annnd all the parts are sitting in my office….. soo Steve, when are we doing our seat repair party…!? :grd:

I plan on doing mine soon @Sam Harris and would love to experiment on yours! ;) Although all I'm doing is the seat. Hopefully I don't break the old heater when I swap it over....

Heck, if the old foam cushion is still "okay" I may offer it up here to someone just for the shipping. Got a perfect shipping box from the Seat Shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st