What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any help here fellas..? I need to return this “professional”, and I figured I’d just tell Summit I want p/n: blah.
I installed an AZ new unit on my 2005 a few months ago and been working like a champion. The parts houses generally all using the same vendors to supply their good. MPA or Delco Remy probably made my new AZ unit 160amps

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be happy to increase the amperage a bit, since I’ll be doing the efan conversion soon. Perhaps the efans are the reason the 2005 has a 160A… thanks man. Appreciate it. Not sure if it will work or not, but helpful nonetheless.
the only difference there ever is, is if it is 4 pin or 2 pin and sometimes the pulley, you will find a range of 105amps-253amps of alternators out there in stock configuration they will all work. big case, small case doesn't matter they bolt up the same. parts guy will swear it won't work but it will.
and usually you can tell the amps by the last few digits of the part number 105, 124, 145, 160, 180, 245, 253, etc...

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I am classified here on my new vehicle.... Sold the Yukon for good money Monday night, Bought this yesterday night... 1 owner, guy serviced it only at the dealer. Needs shocks, tune up, and few other tid bits, but clean clean for what it is... Grey interior Blue outside... Cant complain.... Best part is, its paid for..... Radio upgrade coming soon, along with wheels and altitude adjustment.... Excited about having another one... Been searching for a while... This one poped up at the dealer where we bought my wifes Grand Cherokee 4 days ago...

Attachments

• TAHOE 2.jpg
    TAHOE 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 4
  • TAHOE 3.jpg
    TAHOE 3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4
  • TAHOE 4.jpg
    TAHOE 4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4
  • TAHOE 5.jpg
    TAHOE 5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
  • TAHOE 6.jpg
    TAHOE 6.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I am classified here on my new vehicle.... Sold the Yukon for good money Monday night, Bought this yesterday night... 1 owner, guy serviced it only at the dealer. Needs shocks, tune up, and few other tid bits, but clean clean for what it is... Grey interior Blue outside... Cant complain.... Best part is, its paid for..... Radio upgrade coming soon, along with wheels and altitude adjustment.... Excited about having another one... Been searching for a while... This one poped up at the dealer where we bought my wifes Grand Cherokee 4 days ago...
Looks good. What kind of mileage?

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04? Looks great, congrats. Did you get a good deal? Or paid pandemic price?
Thanks... Didn't get a bad deal... But saying a few others I looked at for around the same money were alot more of a pile of hopes and dreams...

Around town here was the options...... 12k for 166k miles 1 owner, passed on that... I looked at an 05 with 160k miles for 6k it was rough and ac didn't work... In the 3k category was pretty dismal, I did find a 03 cammed barn door one locally, but guy wanted 8k and it needed more work, as fun as that would be sounded like they had not done some things right on swap and tune, plus it was wrapped richard petty blue... I had found a silverado 06 with 44k miles on it, but they were asking 19k and the plan was No payments again for a while to buy next one cash.....

So end of the day vs the 05 for 6k and this 04... Was a no brainer to spend 1k more and get 1 owner, leather, heated seats and some extras plus ac blows cold, and extensive dealer service history...

Fosscores Tahoe I guess has always been one that just kind of made me smile, so funny thing on finding the blue... So Im now Rolling blue...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty clean. 189k is nothing to be afraid of either. Looking forward to your first mods as I’m sure you are too. :head3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali