What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks... Didn't get a bad deal... But saying a few others I looked at for around the same money were alot more of a pile of hopes and dreams...

Around town here was the options...... 12k for 166k miles 1 owner, passed on that... I looked at an 05 with 160k miles for 6k it was rough and ac didn't work... In the 3k category was pretty dismal, I did find a 03 cammed barn door one locally, but guy wanted 8k and it needed more work, as fun as that would be sounded like they had not done some things right on swap and tune, plus it was wrapped richard petty blue... I had found a silverado 06 with 44k miles on it, but they were asking 19k and the plan was No payments again for a while to buy next one cash.....

So end of the day vs the 05 for 6k and this 04... Was a no brainer to spend 1k more and get 1 owner, leather, heated seats and some extras plus ac blows cold, and extensive dealer service history...

Fosscores Tahoe I guess has always been one that just kind of made me smile, so funny thing on finding the blue... So Im now Rolling blue...
I totally agree with you--good choice. I love that blue too lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only difference there ever is, is if it is 4 pin or 2 pin and sometimes the pulley, you will find a range of 105amps-253amps of alternators out there in stock configuration they will all work. big case, small case doesn't matter they bolt up the same. parts guy will swear it won't work but it will.
and usually you can tell the amps by the last few digits of the part number 105, 124, 145, 160, 180, 245, 253, etc...
I never heard of that with the part numbers but if that’s true why don’t I see any alts ending with those numbers? All is see is 19244751 or 19244727 for an 03 for instance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll figure it out, but I think the mounting and connector clocking on the 160a ones are different. Might be wrong.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got started on tuning my Tahoe with HP Tuners. It's been a lot of fun the last two weeks making incremental changes, I have done around 15 revisions so far. Can't wait to get into the fueling and timing once I get my wideband set up. I am very happy with the changes I put in so far to the trans, engine torque management, and a bit of power enrichment fiddling. Nothing left to do except finish getting the scanner histographs and layouts setup in the scanner and also the wideband....then the real fun starts. My girlfriend drove it yesterday and even noticed how much better it drives without me fishing for a compliment.

I wanted to get used to tuning my stock engine so that I have a lot of the basics learned.....then probably a mild camshaft is next :)

20210616_141556.jpg
20210616_141652.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never heard of that with the part numbers but if that’s true why don’t I see any alts ending with those numbers? All is see is 19244751 or 19244727 for an 03 for instance.
Different part number on the alternator, or alternate part number, I guess I should have said you have to look for it on the alternator usually

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You'll figure it out, but I think the mounting and connector clocking on the 160a ones are different. Might be wrong.
I went to the $50 amp on my 03. Iirc I needed a different belt, as the pulley on the 160 was bigger. I'm sure if you swap the alternator pulleys you should be fine---I just remembered that the 160 was bolted on and I was able to use the existing belt, which was older so it might've stretched out. When I eventually bought a new belt, I replaced with the exact belt that was on there, and it wouldn't fit. I had to go 1 or 2 sizes different. Just keep that in mind. Just my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989